What bottle of wine did you open today? (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from What bottle of wine did you open today? (Part 1) - #14417 by Jay_Miller.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

Just opened a magnum of ‘09 Cristal that I picked up at WHWC a couple of hours ago. Thankfully not corked and I am going to let it rest for a couple of hours before serving. Also picked up an ‘04 Salvioni that we will drink with ribeye steaks.

6 Likes

Reinhold Haart Piesporter Goldtropfchen Kabinett 2012. Big Haart fan. This is not one of his best wines but it still is very tasty.

4 Likes

Because I DEFINITELY need wine today, I figure I’d open some of my favorite BerserkerDay ‘discovery’ wines, one @Charlie_Carnes adores as well, 2018 Schöne Tal Cellars ihre treuen Söhne Hirschy Vineyard

2 Likes

These really are great. I remember your excitement last Berserkerday! Was it during preview? On the 26th

I wasn’t excited, I was stressed, bro! The ‘excitement’ came when the winemaker gave me shit asking if I was indeed Grand Cru CrĂŒ and therefore ‘allowed’ to purchase on Preview Day! Good times

1 Like

2017 Arterberry Maresh Old Vines Pinot Noir.

1 Like

A personal fave, 2013 Sky Zin.

2 Likes

97 Moccagatta Barbaresco Bric Balin
This one felt like winning the lottery since I assumed it would be dead

2 Likes

2013 Clos des Briords.
My last bottle of a few from this vintage. Some dampening of the acid electricity shown in its youth, but still all the right notes to please me. An “acoustic” version? Lemony fruit, smooth stone minerality, borderline sophistication. Drink ‘em young or drink ‘em old, you almost can’t miss with this wine.

3 Likes

On a whim later last night, a 375 of 2015 Bourgneuf, Pomerol.

Can’t keep my hands off these cute little 375s. Need to hide them.

A delicious QPR from Pomerol.

3 Likes

2017 Browne Family Vineyards Merlot - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (8/19/2022)
Day 2: Best under $20 purchase of the year. Bright fruit featuring plum, blueberries and cherry. Minerals, menthol, spice and earth. Wonderful finish. 92 points

Recommendation from my local store. Delicious crisp but aromatic with a good amount of salinity.

1 Like

Last weekend for the Grant Park Symphony this year

2 Likes

2019 Camille Giroud Vosne-Romanée Les Chalandins

Beautiful wine!

1 Like

have a bunch of these been corked? I’ve only had 2 and they were both glorious.

Opened my last (I think) 83 La Louviere last night. I was initially crushed to think the bottle was flawed. Every bottle of this wine I have had has been musty and dank on opening, but this one took it to a new level, and I almost went hunting for something else.

But patience is a virtue, and a few hours later it was absolutely gorgeous. Deep, dark fruit and the right kind of aged bdx funk. I am hoping there is a straggler (or 2?) somewhere in the cellar.

I was just relieved that it was not corked because I am on the road and can’t go the cellar and get a replacement if there was an issue.

2 Likes

Thomas Fogarty is always a solid!

1 Like

2021 Dönnhoff OberhÀuser Leistenberg Kabinett - adult tangerine creamsicle beverage. A particularly zingy rendition.

3 Likes

Last night

Earlier in the week

1 Like