De Negoce offer (Part 2)

I see 2020 vintage in Cellar Tracker with a couple of notes, unless I’m seeing something wrong?

Chris

Big +1. The same exact reason why I have only purchased 1 or 2 of the non-domestic offers…I need to do more research about those areas and styles…if anyone has a good educational material, please let me know…

2 Likes

I’m just an ignorant sophomoric wine person.

The bottom line. Cam was recently in France, this coincided with the week the the French Farmers in all their wisdom, negotiated a deal with the French government to pull up vines. My assumption is Cam was there to help them with some of the 2020- 2022 juice. If you are a winery and the s%%t’s in the ringer, you’re likely to have an off the wall, know one must know meeting with Cam or other Negociants, off load the juice and GET cash that is much needed to get your enterprise through the next year or three. I figure that these deals will appear within a De Negoce T1 release around ~~ November 2023.

6 Likes

I mean…i know an online wine board that has all the educational resoruces that one could ever ask for.

And better yet…it’s free!! :cheers:

2 Likes

my buddies and I here all received the 68 today :+1:

4 Likes

Great Gray, same here. Got 68 today.
It ALWAYS feels really really good to take delivery.
It you can’t touch it, you don’t own it? Cheers!:wine_glass:

2 Likes

Got 68 today, my last order of the sale and first to arrive. Bought it given all the positive chat, it is as advertised. I am going to enjoy this case, it may be in the running for the QPR prize! It is very enjoyable and ready to go, gave it a short decant.

7 Likes

68 is my all time QPR fav for DN. The wine continues to amaze me as it develops. It’s clearly a TOP DN wine…

2 Likes

I agree with you, Luke, about buying a case of wine from a region/ variety you’re not familiar with but it’s also exciting. I couldn’t justify buying cases of the French wines despite how good they sounded, but I did pick up a mixed case of French whites in a recent sale. The bottle shop sales are a great way to expand my wine drinking experience & knowledge without the risk of getting a case of something I don’t really like (which hasn’t happened yet, so…)

3 Likes

Hey Cam, find some reds from the Bolgheri area.

Think Guado al Tasso …a 140$ wine for the DN price of 35 would be FANTASTIC…

3 Likes

FedEx? No more de Negoce!

2 Likes

Nice call out. I saw that listed on their shipping help page: https://denegoce.gorgias.help/en-US/shipping-questions-related-to-warehouse-move-219877

It looks like FedEx charges a per package fee to deliver packages to your home on a different day. I liked UPS with the $20 annual my choice fee. They offered a lot of flexibility in getting the packages to my house when I’m home.

Seems like the only option with FedEx is to hold at a location or put the packages on “vacation hold”.

Curious what other experiences are and if this is for sure the new shipping carrier.

4 Likes

About how I feel. I might buy it, just don’t know if FedEx will deliver it. I’ve had their delivery manager for some time and it never works.

1 Like

That’s frustrating to read as i literally just paid for the UPS membership last month specifically to have contol over denegoce deliveries. Now we have to deal with a different carrier and different capabilities to manage deliveries… ugh…not happy

2 Likes

Love this, I find Fedx to be way more user friendly in redirecting packages. You don’t even need an account, you can do it as a guest.

4 Likes

FedEx is not a great move for me. I get why people like it, but my UPS guy rocks. Have given him a number of bottles for all the no hassle deliveries he’s made for me.

8 Likes

Maybe he missed this:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/fedex-is-coming-apart-at-the-seams/

New fulfillment center sounds :fire:

1 Like

Imo keep Sending them out of his mothers basement and keep prices in check, unless you plan on a tour sometime soon :joy:

2 Likes

Not happy with FedEx - Here in the South Atlanta area, they are too incompetent for words. Shipments take 48 hours to cover 12 miles and in the summer, this can mean cooked wines. UPS works well here and is the locally preferred vendor… Oh well. We’ll see how this goes.

2 Likes