De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Given the volume Cam ships - I can’t fault him for taking advantage of the best prices he can get.

But, ugh - FedEx is just awful for me. It’s a 50/50 chance they will even bother to attempt delivery. They like to leave packages outside on the sidewalk and never ring the buzzer. FexEx Home is worse and they often won’t show up until 9:30 at night.

The only upside is redirecting to the FedEx office is more convenient than the sites UPS provides.

6 Likes

FedEx is terrible for me too - nearly 100% of the packages I get from FedEx are delayed in Troutdale for some reason. Doesn’t matter if it’s flannery beef (they’ve ruined at least 4 shipments), or wine, or other, it is ALWAYS delayed.

1 Like

UPS shows up at 10:30 PM, or later, and requires a signature. I am happy to see Fed Express….guess they both have issues depending on your location.

FedEx has been great for me. Not sure why other people are having issues

1 Like

I just paid for the UPS membership today to control my De Negoce deliveries as well. It was only $20 so not that big of a deal. I just prefer UPS and the reliability and flexibility they provide. I absolutely loathe FedEx. I have had nothing but problems with them and their system totally sucks in my opinion. I hope this works out in the long run by my expectations are very low.

I live in Northern Mn, where DN does not ship in the winter or the summer. The competition including Wine Access, WTSO, and Wine Library ship on a very scheduled basis, and are the go to sources for wine. I never recommend DN, as their shipping has been impossible to figure out. So the improvements Cam is putting in place will pay dividends.

Guys, these are great wines. so I am cheering Cam and willing to work through the growing pains of a new company.

Thanks Cam for the fine wines at great prices.

3 Likes

Very happy about the Fedex move. No more UPS BS about having to pay to reroute packages, and Fedex at least in my neighborhood is much more reliable than UPS ever was.

4 Likes

Agree that FedX is great. I have everything delivered to my local Walgreens and have used it for most of my wine purchases for the last few years with no issues.

6 Likes

I know my UPS driver will be happy with this change.

5 Likes

In my location in SC, Fedex is very good but so is UPS. Moving in a couple of months to greater Nashville area so will see how it goes with deliveries.

Another study worth sociological mystery: we’re all OK buying cases worth of wine months ahead it being even bottled, but changing to a different logistics partner and courier that I’m sure Cam has researched and it’s a religious divide. :wink::joy:

3 Likes

In the end, we ALL have different interfaces with the couriers as end customer. De Negoce has a different interface with those couriers as ECommerce fulfillment center providers. Customer has thier preferences, but really no control over who delivers the wine from DN. Some wine retailers I’ve used in past allowed me to select the courier, I always chose Fed Ex. Over past almost 3 years with De Negoce using UPS, had some horrible and delightful experiences.

3 Likes

Ok,

Back to wine. What is the groups opinion on Lot# 351, Margaret River Cabernet?

2 Likes

Cam described it as more elegant, tightly structured, cool climate style which appeals to me. Juniper estate fits the winery description perfectly but I cannot find an exact wine match, though most 2020+ cab vintages do not yet appear on their website for comparison. They also seem to get suckling and Halliday reviews on many of their wines. Other wineries that fit the early 70s founding period and ranking are woodlands, Sandalford, Leeuwin, but they are not exactly “surrounded” by the other wineries mentioned.

5 Likes

I’m not sure about the math for today’s offer:)

“Where else can you get a globally sourced selection of Syrah (aka Shiraz) that would normally run you $45/bottle for around $8/bottle? Yeah, you guessed it, right here!

The offer is $89 with shipping included. So subtract the $10 for shipping a six pack gets to $79$. Over $13 a bottle. :wink: it’s still a solid deal but not I was expedition to get a six pack for $49 plus shipping when I first read the email

5 Likes

New Math: 6 X 8 = $89.
Keep your pencils sharp! Cheers!
Perhaps Cam intended to offer it as a 12 Pack, 2 each???

3 Likes

$98/ Case = just over $8/bottle . Maybe Cameron did not have his cup of coffee yet when writing up the offer??

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

My understanding is that DN will ship to you despite a weather hold if you ask them to. Have you asked?

1 Like

Yes, tell DN that you accept responsibility for any weather damage during shipping. They shipped my first
“weather hold” order last week.

1 Like