De Negoce offer (Part 2)

I’ve only had one 2020 California wine so far, a Beau Vigne Amendment XXI cabernet-based blend of Napa Valley fruit. Zero smoke taint to speak of. But small sample size of one, to be sure.

3 Likes

Naw, but something along the lines of harvest date as mentioned below. That was helpful.

While it worries me a little that Passalacqua isn’t offering a 2020 Zin on their website, I bought a case confident that Cam wouldn’t have bought it if there were quality problems, and that he will take it back if there is any indication of taint or taint-removal in the bottles received.

1 Like

gone

1 Like

Well, will report back with findings after this has arrived. Cam had me at Dry Creek zin, and lots of great ones from Bacigalupi, so I remain optimistic despite 2020 pessimism.

2 Likes

A number of people didn’t like it, especially compared to earlier versions from the same producer. I thought it was quite nice with bright, fresh flavor. I bought some more earlier during one of the 30% off sales.

3 Likes

They sell a lot of their fruit to other winemakers. I think @MatMc 's guess on Passalacqua is the correct one.

2 Likes

I snagged a case of 254 as well. Something about this offer sucked me in. If there are issues I’m counting on Cam’s customer service to make it right.

2 Likes

Two cases of Lot 68 arrived today from last week’s sale. Saving special place in cellar for Lot 329.

4 Likes

I still have 5 orders from March 11, first day of the sale, that are unfulfilled or only partially filled. Have other people gotten their wine from the March 11 sale? I sent Mickey an email last night but have not heard back yet. No problem if they are swamped but I received an order placed after March 11 and now others are receiving their lot 68 which went on sale on March 17.

1 Like

I ordered 13 cases in sale. 6 have shipped (4 are 68 ordered 3/17). 1 out of 4 cases ordered 3/11 has shipped.
They sold a shit-ton of wine in this sale … I’d be patient

5 Likes

I “only“ bought four cases over the moving sale, two cases each of the two weekends. Today I received notification of the first case shipping, Lot 150. The other three are still pending. I am sure they are backed up, trying to get things out, either shipped or moved to the other warehouse.

2 Likes

Same here!
Tomorrow, I am receiving my second order (#68) from AFTER the 3/11 sale.
My 3/11 order has yet to ship. I will remain patient & optimistic. Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks to all for the feedback on the wine orders from March 11. I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one with outstanding orders as I was concerned that their may have been a problem with some of my orders. I was not complaining at all. This one one of my favorite sales by any business in years.
Sounds like everything is fine.

2 Likes

I think the Ponzi scheme has finally come to roost j/k

3 Likes

I find it fascinating there were zero comments about the Rioja over the weekend or today’s sicilian rosè. But a Zin comes along, creates an frenzy and sells out in a couple hours.

Cam, just to assure you there’s interest beyond domestic and Aussie offers. Keep the quality up, we know there’s more hoops to go through and costs to import. Some of us really appreciate it.

12 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for an absolutely full cellar (seriously, I am out of space for anything more), I would have gone in on the recent Rioja offers. I can’t get Rioja at this quality level anywhere close to this price these days.

5 Likes

Agree. Though it’s more likely for me to “take a leap at 6-12 bottles” of something I know. The Italian and French offers, I’m just less familiar with the regions and styles. I did jump on the recent Spanish rioja bc my sister lived there for 12 yrs and complains that the 10 euro bottle that she could get there was so much bette than a $15 Costco Spanish wine but other than that I’m just less likley to take a leap on things I don’t know as well.

4 Likes

exactly, who cares, all shipping statuses are on the web site
bought 6 cases this month for under $1000 delivered
have not received any
great deals with the moving sale
thank you Cam

4 Likes