I am tapping out for today.

Chiron
EMH
Virage
Jean Edwards
Ansonia
Flannery
Morgan Ranch

Tomorrow, have a few food items in mind!

1 Like

Here are all my rebuys based on enjoyment of previous purchases:
Cabot
SunBreak
Sandar & Hem
Six Cloves
Lagier Meredith
Goodfellow
Red Newt
Schone Tal
Stereophonic (Charles Neal) Grower Champagne pack x2
Looks like it’s going to be Newbie Friday
(I know, I always say I’m going to buy less, but these deals are amazing!)

7 Likes

Sheila calls those purchases “a Thursday”.

Always a berserker rock star!

2 Likes

Jealous - solid list!

I ended up going with just a case of Goodfellow this year. I hope by next BD I’ll finally have my storage situation worked out and I’ll be able to indulge in many more offers.

1 Like

Hi there. I’m quite new to the wine scene, having been primarily a whiskey drinker, and in early exploration my favorites have been Silver Oak Cab and a Wellington Port; I think these opinions may make me an abomination to fancy wine folk. :grimacing:

If y’all would humor me, does anyone recall if there were any Port offers in last year’s BD? I tried to search the previous BD threads (BD13, linked in top post here) for port but was thwarted by the search feature surfacing only instances of ‘support’ as far as i could read.
If there are any purveyors of port for which I should be on the lookout tomorrow, I’d appreciate the direction. (Not looking for any Preview Day info, as I know that’s for members - just trying to get a sense of whether port is as…eccentric, might be the kindest word, as I’ve gathered it might be among wine enthusiasts, or if it’s a fairly regular part of the landscape.)

2 Likes

Deaver is selling Port this year, available for sale tomorrow. @Jorge_Henriquez will be sharing his expert notes

https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/newbie-deaver-wines-port-mission-zin-zinfandel-petite-sirah-alicante-bouschet-30-off-shipping-included/294174

2 Likes

Today I’m in for a case of Goodfellow, a case of Vincent, and a three pack of grower Champagne from Stereophonic, with (hopefully) two more purchases tomorrow.

Thanks @ToddFrench for putting this all together. It was great fun, and it’s not over yet!

2 Likes

You are amazing, @ToddFrench - thank you so much for the info and fast response!! Will be on the lookout for Deaver tmr and Jorge’s notes, and can’t wait to order.

Ordered today (BD count):
Sabelli-Frisch (3)
Ladd (1)
Goodfellow (1)
Patricia Green (1)
Prima Materia (2)
Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyard (1, but am wine club member)
Our Wines (Franny Beck) (3, first 2 were Franny Beck)
Suzor (1)
Cabot (2, would have been 3 if offered last year!)

Would have ordered these if I hadn’t made a recent order:
Stereophonic
Briceland

Have my eyes on one limited offer tomorrow. We can order at 7:30PST right?

1 Like

Few cases of fun stuff. Happy day. Will grab some stuff tomorrow first BD for me. Only repeat item is Ocelli which ive had and love, got 3 of their 2012s that I can’t wait to chug.

6 Likes

Tick Tock, GCC and MC members - about one more hour before all the Early Purchase Offers (and access to the Preview forum) goes away for ‘housecleaning’ in preparation for the onslaught tomorrow!

I’m on deck! Mope up a few auction items and make my shopping list for tomorrow. :shopping_cart:

Finishing the dishes and a glass of Sandar Chardonnay.

Houston, we’re clear to launch!

1 Like

Good day. I went for:

Stereophonic
Lagier-Meredith
Goodfellow
Santa Cruz Mountains
Wineco Yeah
Shiba Wichern
Maitre de Chai
Forgotten Union

Tomorrow I’m hoping to have the time to get some:
Patricia Green
Fine Disregard
Orr
Suzor (was hoping to see the Gamay there as it was so nice, but prob sold out).
and maybe a few others, like Scherrer and some of the slew of Oregon newbies. If anyone has any recommends on some lighter Cabs without too much oak influence, I’d be interested in that.

4 Likes

Moderation for me, talked myself out of a lot of purchases. Still ended up with

Flannery, two orders
Stereophonic
Jean Edwards

Looking forward to tomorrow’s offers.

2 Likes

Prima Materia uses 3-4yo Hungarian oak for their Cab but I’ve not personally tried it. @Pietro_B might be able to give you a better idea.

Where is Stereophonic champagne?

It was in the Monopole Cru forum, only visible/available to that group

1 Like

Got it thanks. I was scrambling like a dummy before 8pm. Yall get some sleep.

Your boy at Sandar is in the wheelhouse

2 Likes

Todd, after BD14 is done and dusted will you tell everyone what they missed in monopole cru as an incentive to upgrade next year?

4 Likes