BerserkerDay 14 Master Thread/FAQ - our 14th Event! Jan 27, 2023

”I don’t need any more glasses. I don’t need any more glasses. I don’t need any more glasses

Are there stems on the BD14 list? Uhhh, asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Uh…yikes…tomorrow we might break the server (it was slow when I launched around 7:30 am Pacific…tomorrow will have FAR more people here)

2 Likes

What were the BD13 traffic stats?

1 Like

Unfortunately I switched to Google’s new GA-4 analytics, and they are entirely different parameters than the old way, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to compare apples to apples. By the OLD parameters last year I wrote the following:

Previous record users online was 3820 or so (forgot to screenshot it, have it somewhere) and we quickly surpassed that yesterday with 4258

Last BerserkerDay we had 11,146 users on the site on Jan 27, this year 12,412 (photo below) with almost 50% new users!

The built-in metrics measure differently, and more accurately, of course, and show this, thus far (at 1pm Pacific, mind you, and this is ‘consolidated pageviews’ rather than just ‘users online’)

2 Likes

Yes, unfortunately for my financial future.

1 Like

the trend in the wine world is grim…the Berserkers are quite clearly bucking that trend

1 Like

Me before today: “I really need to stop buying Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and focus on other varietals”

Me today: “So… I just bought how many more cases of Pinot and Chardonnay?”

Pic related:

3 Likes

Why would you buy worse varietals?

3 Likes

Good news: so many great offers!

Bad news: OMFG the auctions are crazy! How quickly can you get a new credit card approved?

1 Like

There are some seriously cool offers on the auctions.

1 Like

LOL

There were lots of discussions with donors that started with me asking “Are you sure you want to do this?”

1 Like

The madness is in full swing!

Next year, I need a curator/personal somm that can buy all of the newbie and BD wines that fit my palate. Can we arrange such a service?

3 Likes

Let me just tell you guys, that if you’re going to be away from WB for five years or so, mid-January isn’t the time to come back. Looking for my HELOC checkbook…

if you get one, I need that assistance as well kthxbai

3 Likes

Now is also not the time to have a HELOC

Too late.

But don’t worry - I’m buying 2 or 3 $30 bottles for every $200 bottle I buy to keep things “balanced.”

3 Likes

Charts make me nervous. I can just walk into the cellar and visualize how unbalanced my collection is. (Hint - it looks alot like yours).

4 Likes

My cellar is like 60% red burg and 30% champagne; I don’t have that much chard that’s not in champagne as I’ve mostly sold it, but still like them occasionally. I mostly have daily drinkers with only a few gems left.

3 Likes

Super Glad to have opted into the GC club. After being on the board for a few months, heard the following mentioned a ton so I picked them up today on the Early Purchase Offers for GC:

Goodfellow
Vincent
Sandler
Sabelli-Frisch
Franny beck
Stereophonic
Saunter
Salt Vine
Lagier Meredith
Ladd Cellars
Stellareese

Going for the JB Neufeld and iOTA tomorrow if I’m lucky.

This is a great opportunity to try new wines I’m not familiar with. Very excited!

5 Likes

Nice work, that’s a solid Preview Day haul, Steve!!

3 Likes