Virtual Tasting Series Compendium 2021 - WB Charity

A Wineberserker Public Service Announcement
The 9th annual Virtual Tasting Series (VTS) is ready to go. The first week for 2021 kicks off the week before Thanksgiving and runs through the New Year giving those time to post a tasting note into the thread. Each week is hosted by a fellow Wineberserker who decides the theme, format, and the charity they’d like to support.

Matching Donations: if you’d like to co-host the current week by matching the donations then just post into that week’s thread “I’m matching” and any terms and conditions you’d like to add. A number of people have requested this and it’s a great idea so have look below and pick a week you’d be interested in matching.

Week__Date_____Theme / Host - Charity

1. NOV19 - NOV28 - Anything Pinot Noir - Frank Murray - Laura’s House
  2. NOV30 - DEC9 - Kirk Grant & Wife Chard and others USMC and Legal Justice
  3. DEC9 - DEC16 - Oregon Chardonnay David B. Dakine Humane society
  4. DEC16 - DEC23 - Scott B. WB/NP - No Kid Hungry
  5. DEC23 - DEC31 - Nate M Something Smokey - Cadence Ministries
  6. DEC30 - JAN6 - Patrick Taylor - Sparklers

Here’s the Compendium for the previous years.

2013 Compendium
2014 Compendium
2015 Compendium
2016 Compendium
2017 Compendium
2018 Compendium
2019 Compendium
2020 Compendium

1 Like

Okay, best time of year!

Interested in hosting a week just post here which week and we can work on a theme/etc. You pick the charity.

I’ll do all the heavy lifting, you just sit back and enjoy the fun and support for your charity.

First time hosting? Take a look at the compendium of past events for ideas. Or get creative and come up with something completely different.

As always, FMIII kicks off the first week and his thread is already posted.

I’ll take December 9-16 for Dakin Humane Society per usual. Will decide on a theme and get back to you.

[highfive.gif] [highfive.gif]

You got it! And your cats thank you.

Bumpity bump bump bump

Theme for my week (and it’s Dakin, not Dakine) is Oregon Chardonnay. $5 per note.

Looking for sponsors for a week.

How about the bourbon drinkers in the crowd? That would be a fun theme.

1 Like

I’ll do one again!

Nate

Beautiful, Nate!

Think about a theme, a charity, and a week.

Post back here and I’ll do the rest.

1 Like

Shout out to Kirk Grant for sponsoring the week following Thanksgiving. He’s doing a dual sponsorship with his wife for two different charities and you drink a specific type of wine depending on which charity you’d like them to donate to. How cool is that?

1 Like

Nate came up with a creative theme, smokey. I love it.

Lots of flinty smoke notes in those burgs… Just sayin.

What about a week dedicated to the theme of “Smoky”. So, the idea would be that you could either do a wine or whiskey. I am thinking something like Rhone Syrah, CA Syrah, Peated scotch/whisky/bourbon etc.

1 Like

2020 California wines. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll do one.
Berserkerday (or NewbiePalozza) wines
5 smackers per note to

I’d love to see some folks match or make their own donations. Most of us can’t imagine living in a country where an elementary school child eats lunch at school on Friday, and then feels hunger pangs until school breakfast on Monday morning.
I teach in a pretty affluent school and we still deal with this issue.

Great theme, I’m loaded up with berserkerday wines. I’ll ping you when your week is up.

Comment regarding the kids. It was a big discussion around virtual education because so many of the kids get their nutrition from the school meals. A shockingly large number.

I’d do some kind of matching for this one too.

Or, some 2008 CA pinots!

I still have a few. I will have to see if I can dig one up from a tainted release.

1 Like

I am having another surgery in December and I do not have the energy to sponsor, but I’ll match Brunson because I have often chosen food charities.

Man, I want to do one but I don’t have the energy. Too much going on right now. I’ll match Scott up to $1,000.00.