Week 4 Virtual Tasting for Charity - Dec16-23rd - Berserkerday and NewbiePalooza wines!

Berserkerday (or NewbiePalozza) wines 5 smackers per note to

I’d love to see some folks match or make their own donations.

Most of us can’t imagine living in a country where an elementary school child eats lunch at school on Friday, and then feels hunger pangs until school breakfast on Monday morning.

I teach in a pretty affluent school and we still deal with this issue.

Any Berserker Day wines? Or just from this past year?

Aww man. I just drank a couple.

I’m in for $2 per note match.

1 Like

I’m matching you up to $1k Scott.

The trio of Belharra Syrah just arrived today. Anne Fogerty had a good offer on Newbie day.
I tried one at Falltacular last year and thought it was excellent. Will open one for Week 4 Charity.

And I still have a few bottles remaining of Ed’s Sandler Pinot Noirs so expect to post a few notes.

Scott - Thanks for your work and raising greater awareness of this issue.

Any BD or NewbiePalooza wine (from any BD).
Get busy drinking; kids are hungry! [cheers.gif]

Since I did not take my own week, I am matching Scott dollar for dollar and give the money to the Feeding Westchester, which has benefitted from prior Virtual Tasting Challenges. https://feedingwestchester.org/. I will also include The Seven of Hearts Curmudgeon Cuvee and the Patricia Green Berserker Cuvee as qualifying wines.

Nice, Jay.

We’ve had many matching and cosponsors this year. Good to see everyone getting involved.

I have a cellar full of BD wines!

Do you mean your “closet?”

2013 Lagier Meredith is on deck!

• 2013 Lagier Meredith Syrah - USA, California, Napa Valley, Mt. Veeder (12/16/2021)
    Fast forward to two hours after I opened the bottle. This is very well integrated, and clearly Syrah. Roasted meat, dark berry fruit, a touch of smoke, it’s all there. Still quite youthful, but in a good place for drinking, I would expect this to be very long lived based on the structural balance, and the depth of the fruit. Loving it now.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

I’m throwing a red flag on Bu3Ker. Doesn’t the photo have to show you drinking the wine!

Scott did not include a photo requirement. So take your flag and shove it. :wink:

I did not suggest that Scott had included a photo requirement. But if you voluntarily assumed the obligation to embellish with a photo, you were obligated to exercise your embellishment with a higher level of competence.

[beatoff.gif]

6A61DFC0-CCB6-4407-A514-635A810C71D0.gif

T, the “cellar” actually has a few winter jackets in it right now because it’s cold here in Southern California, tonight’s low is 37°. Brr…

This is a tasting note about a wine that was not a Berserkerday wine but it counts anyways. The reason? Not every winery is cut out to be in Berserkerday and unfortunately I had to turn this winery down because I didn’t feel it would be appropriate. Talk about a tough conversation… It was like breaking up with a girlfriend. “It’s not you, it’s me” when everyone knows it’s really you.

[quote]Mystery Winery 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma - wow is this dark and concentrated, it has a purple hue to it. I think petite sirah when I see that but it’s quite common in the cultish cabs from Napa Valley as well.

Nose showing some VA, a pickling spice, and a slightly overripe cassis note. Palate shows a little black olive, bell pepper, and dark blackberry. Nice stitching of firm tannins at finish.[/quote]

This is one of the nicer bottles of the mixed case. A few of them were literally pop n pour and I don’t mean poured into a glass.

Taking one for the team. [berserker.gif]

[attachment=0]20211216_174151_HDR.jpg[/attachment]
20211216_174151_HDR.jpg

We’ll need a photo [berserker.gif]

60F659B4-0FCC-444B-AAB8-91C5FE8F4E66.jpeg
2017 Trathen Hall Pinot Noir Ana Vineyard

Dark and brooding on the nose with black cherry and purple flowers. On first impression on the palate the wine is suave and elegant, with notes of black cherry, black currant, plum, and rhubarb, yet finishes with a rush of energy from baking spice and organic earth minerality that linger over a long finish. Tangy acids and supple tannins provide a nice frame for the wine. Looking forward to following this over the next couple days, nice juice!