Will you drink a bad wine because you can't stand the thought of pouring out something expensive?

My rule of thumb is to not cook with wine I refuse to drink.

If it’s bad, it goes down the drain, no matter the cost.

My point exactly: I know what I like! neener

I have come to that conclusion as well, Leonard. If it is a good wine and has just been open too many days because other wines seemed more interesting or you ended up going out instead of staying in for dinner, then it becomes cooking wine for a period of time. But if it is a wine I did not even want to drink a glass of? Down it goes.

oh no, my toilet was perfectly clean, didn’t look like someone took 8 straight shits without flushing. [snort.gif]

you are all ballahs.

I save the bad wine for the teen punks in the neighborhood.

I also do it this way.

Nope.

Though sometimes I might be crying or screaming as I pour it out.

I agree with him.

I dump wine if it’s corked/severely flawed… so bad in terms of flaw…

i wouldn’t dump it just b/c i didn’t particular like it… especially not if others are around… will just leave it… on the counter. someone usually drinks it.

I never drink wine I don’t like (flawed or otherwise). Well, maybe I never drink more than a partial glass. I open a number of wines that aren’t in my wheelhouse, but I have a wife that takes care of those.

I do use caution on older bottles, though. Too many dead, tired or balsamic bottles that have come back to life with air.

Yeah but your kiddo doesn’t have that sophistcated a palate yet neener

“I’m shoving this bamboo under my fingernails because it is very rare bamboo passed through the colon of virgin baby pandas and I paid a lot for it”.

Last week was my son’s birthday. I was too sick to take him out to dinner (flu and sinus infection. Bad combo).

Tonight I took him over to Playground DTSA, grabbed a bottle of Jonata from the cellar. Not too expensive, but usually a great bottle. Sat down, popped it, took a sip. NOPE! CORKED! Double check, after all… I’ve been sick. Swirl swirl swirl, another sip. Confirmed. Corked. Pour it out, stuck to the list.

Must be nice…for her, I mean. [cheers.gif]

Not anymore! We recently opened the '07 d’Angerville “Champans” and it was one of the most bretty wines in recent memory. I did not even finish a single pour and it is typically one of my favorites in d’Angerville’s portfolio.

Indeed. She leaves old bones for me

I have no hesitation to dump it. One of my best friends never finds a wine he wont finish, no matter how bad. He always finds something he likes about it, even if it cost him $6

You obviously never read The Little Engine That Could. [basic-smile.gif]

Karate Kid training… gotta start somewhere right? :wink:

What i say to her: gotta learn the flaws before you can appreciate the good stuff kiddo!