Keller
Raveneau
Ledru
Dujac
Krug
Selosse
Taittinger
Suenen

Cellar “velocity” of champagne > white > red.

Not much Ledru left sadly, her black label Brut and Extra Brut NVs have been some of our favorite over time.

6 Likes

Jay, I am sure that if this had been limited to the last five year, all the top spots would be Burgundy producers. :grinning:

1 Like

From 2007 forward -

Rhys (but lots are 375s and 500s)
Trimbach (slowing down on these though)
Truchot (ditto)
Jadot
Bachelet (tied with Jadot)
Grivot
Selbach-Oster
Dr. Loosen (I often take his kabinetts to other people’s homes when many will be drinking them as they are easy to like, affordable and bottled under screwcap)
Mugneret-Gibourg
Prum
Huer (tied with Prum)

My sense is that most of the time there is appreciation like with the Truchots is when the children of the owner don’t want to go into the winery and the winery is sold. No more new wine creates a lot of scarcity that there won’t be for most producers.

Honestly, I wish that had happened with Truchot. I want to drink my Truchots so I get very little if any benefit from the price increases. Had the winery continued to make wine, I would have a lot more Truchot wines and would be a lot better off.

1 Like

Not going based on consumption, but rather what I know I will be drinking a lot of because it’s in my cellar and I will continue to buy in the future:

de Negoce ( go ahead and laugh if you want)
Huet
Boulay
Goodfellow
Kobayashi
Tercero
Sandler
Prum
Rhys
Delmas
Rasa
Baudry
Chevalier
Roederer
Delamotte
Bouchard (if it can be found)
Actually, I could list 30-40 grower Champers that would need to be included.

Extradimensional WCY!, hmmm… jury’s still out, but I’ll probably grab more

2 Likes

Some of the regulars at the Stotterhaus

Willi Schaefer
JJ Prüm
Martin Müllen
Hofgut Falkenstein
Peter Lauer
Von Schubert Maximin Grünhaus
Emrich-Schönleber
Keller
Bedrock Wine Co.
Goodfellow Family Cellars
Kelley Fox
Morgen Long

4 Likes

From Cellar Tracker in 2022 top 12:

Walter Hansel
Rhys
Tenuta di Sesta
Digioia Royer
Bouchard
Petrognano
Huet
Durand
Lafarge
Marac
Palmer
Esmonin

Interesting to see the cheap everyday drinkers.

1 Like

Sabelli Frisch
Bedrock
Lopez de Heredia
Sun Break Wines
Patricia Green Cellars
Huet
Donnhoff
Goodfellow
Vietti
Monsanto

Since about 2020 tracking in CT. Looks like BerserkerDay has had an effect on my drinking… Thanks @ToddFrench @Adam_Frisch @David_Patte @Jim_Anderson @Marcus_Goodfellow

4 Likes

Left over half bottle. Probably still good on day 2. :+1:

2 Likes

Lassaigne
Agrapart
Doyard
Egly-Ouriet
Larmandier-Bernier
Diebolt-Vallois

Bourdignon

Hexamer
W. Schaefer
Muller-Catoir

It’s been summer but I’m not sure I would have a red producer in the top 10 anyways. But I feel like that’s as much about drinking a more diverse selection of producers for red wines than that I drink all white wine(though the percentage of white bottles we consume is probably 75%).

1 Like

I was with you until Diebolt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re overdue for a lunch/dinner Mark, but so long as my container arrives in time remind me to open a certain bottle for you. :slight_smile:

That sounds great. And I have a certain bottle too…

1 Like

Consumption by volume.

The basic D-V Blanc de Blanc is about $38 inOregon and we but a case and salt it in amongst the other producers. It’s more straightforward but it also allows me to go up the ladder more with a few other producers.

About 2 weeks ago we had the 2012 L-B VV du Levant. That was a spectacular bottle, but I need to balance my costs a bit given that we drink champagne about 3 nights a week.

1 Like

That sounds like a great lunch. Thanks again to both you and Greg for the hospitality in NY.

1 Like

Thanks Max!

1 Like

Well, Berserker Day wines are near the top of the list. Whatever sample packs I have bought. Also-
Beringer, PR, KVR and SV cabs
Robert Craig
Branaire Ducru
Hartford Court
Walter Hansel
Andersons Conn Valley

Having had at least a couple hundred bottles i can confidently say it’s never better than the day it’s bottled and while still good day two after opening it is much better day one