What do you want to try in 2021????

Raveneau!!! I’ve been lucky enough to have tasted some Raveneau GCs from the early 80s - yes, they age and age well. I don’t have any that old unfortunately - can’t wait for my Raveneau and Dauvissat that I have currently to age a bit more even though they’re just fine now :slight_smile:. CHEERS!

I can help you out with the '61 MM RsV if we can ever find a way to share wine - fully resolved, delicate, and full of spice. Been lucky enough to have friends that love champagne also - and - the '75 DP Oeno is top for me - not Krug but I’m sure I could find something Krug :slight_smile:.

Finally thinking about the wines I would like to try:

1982 Mouton (with all the Bordeaux I have tried, this one has eluded me)
Rousseau Chambertin
A mature Raveneau Les Clos
Henschke HoG

Keep it down Grandpa :p. Chave can and will happen… Petrus would be acceptable also neener! We’ll talk about the Roumier Amoose - some '99 and '05 and younger could be had when I find them - way to young though…

Heya Sarah! RC - this can happen - can’t wait to share wine with you and Jonathan again - hopefully soon. The Leflaive Montrachet itch for me was scratched a couple Paulee years ago - exactly what I thought - perfectly grand but not as good as others IMHO - just my opinion. I have a single bottle of it so maybe it could be opened if someone twisted my arm - or - just trade it for a couple bottle of Ramonet or more bottles of Bouchard Montrachet. It’s always a trade-off.

62 La Tâche en magnum. Had a magnum once. Traded 12 bottles of Maya for it. Looked pristine. Built a dinner with friends around it. DOA. Undrinkable. Never had the chance since to try it.

Let’s make it happen as soon as feasible! Honestly, I almost don’t care what the wines are, I’m just dying to share with friends again!

1 Like

Yep yep!!! My only bottle of the '62 bought on auction was consumed last year - about a year one day ago - with other nice bottles. A perfect bottle that was destined to go along with the '64 - but - the '64 didn’t make it safely to the dinner :frowning:. I don’t have any '62 La Tache bottles or magnums but do understand your lust for such a thing [cheers.gif].

Re Chave: I’m in Brad. I have a bunch and am happy to travel. If this goes off, please keep me in the loop.

Wow, a lot of great specific bottles being posted, I’ll have to look some of these up now!

For me, 95% of the wines I have are from the Western US, so I think I’d have to say I’d love to start trying European wines. Of course I’ve tasted here and there, but I don’t actually own anything from France, and I wouldn’t know where to start even if I was handed a list of Bordeaux. I was actually able to view the list available from my local BevMo, but didn’t order anything because I honestly had no clue what I was looking at.

But yes, that would be my New Years Wine goals! And also to try some wine from South Africa that I keep hearing about!

I have 2003 and 2005 Abtsberg Spatlese if that is close enough and you want to come to DC.

For me, I have had a Burgundy from each Grand Cru appellation except one. Unfortunately, that one is Romanee Conti.

At the rate the pandemic response is going those may have 20+ years of age on them by the time I feel comfortable traveling lol

1 Like

I dig Burgundy, or at least I think I do, haven’t been collecting it long enough to taste an appropriately aged specimen. Would love to try something that was really drinking at peak.

G-Max is what comes to mind first

Also never had the top Coche wines but would love to fix that

Hi Jon, happy new year and all the best from NZ. I am a “simple man”, I would love to try a 1999 or 2002 La Tache!

If you are ever able to come to NZ, I am sure I could find something in the cellar that would be of interest…

brodie

moi aussi!

sadly not going to happen - not available in NZ

The only major wine I lust after.

Since 1971 is my birth year, I’d love to celebrate with a 1971 La Tache or RC this year.

1 Like

Great thread. Many wines on here I would like to try or try again.

My personal focus list:

I want to try many new German producers, particularly the younger ones both for my own personal cellar and for source | material offerings

1.) More aged Auslese and Spätlese with unique food pairings.

2.) Chardonnay from Germany, 10 years from now you will all be astounded at how much great Chardonnay is coming out of Germany

3.) pre-71 German Rieslings

4.) More wine from lesser represented German regions (e.g., Baden)

5.) More Keller from Sarah’s cellar

1 Like