What do you want to try in 2021????

You’re on! :slight_smile:

Agreed, great thread and food for thought ha. Now have to really figure out how I could try these.

Red: Henschke Hill of Grace (any vintage with some age on it). No clue how I’d try it but something I’ve always wanted to.

White: A Montrachet (any vintage, preferably with some age). I think this is possibly more accessible for purchase!

Dessert: Tokaji Essencia - almost got it last year but waited too long before deciding and then it was purchased.

No desiring…no suffering.
But if a touch of La Tache would happen to fall in my glass, I would not dump it out.

In 2021, I would like to try a 1990, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2009 vertical cascade of Chateau Cheval Blanc, Chateau Le Pin, Chateau Angelus, Chateau Pavie, Chateau Ausone, and maybe throw in the Petrus.

Not gonna throw in 82, 89, and 2010 for good measure?

I’m looking forward to opening a 16 Macdonald with J.Durham in the near future.

I purchased better for the cellar this past year and plan on cracking open some Rougeard, Vatan, and a lone bottle of Fac-Simile, all of which will be new to me. Trying to find some Bel-Air Marquis D’Aligre as well.

Hopefully, my usual tasting group can resume chasing some of the greats. I’m thinking about 82 PLL, 86 Mouton, 90 Montrose and Latour, 98 Haut Brion, 01 Yquem, and others that remain on my bucket list.

I’ve never had Coche Meursault, Ch. Rayas, a Keller GG, Vega Sicilia Unico, Soldera or Penfolds Grange and would feel very fortunate to tick even one of those boxes in the coming year.

Gentaz-Dervieux is kind of comparable to Verset, often a slightly rustic structure, but VERY different from JUGE (which is much more elegant).
Not that I´ve had a lot of vintages of these 3, but there were a few.

Cathelin is not better than the “regular” Hermitage, only slightly different: a bit more structured, but less elegant - and with a detectable wood influence.
Not worth the extra tarrif (10x).

I could make Gmax and Coche work - we just need to find a way to share wine Ryan!

I’ll bring either a '99 or '02 Tache when we travel to NZ again Brodie! This is a serious proposition :slight_smile:

Don’t have either of these but have had the chance to taste both because of generous friends. These are worthy wines from '71!

I have a 2001 horizontal of Rayas, Pignan and Ch. des Tours Vacqueyras that I’ve wanted to share with friends for some time. Hopefully this year.

These all look like fun!!! You reminded me that I’d like to add to my red wine list - top spatburgunder pinot - the bottlings that I only hear about and that don’t get out of Germany. I hear these are secret treasures…

Great list Jidhin! Wish I could help you on the Hill of Grace request - would love to try a representative bottle of this myself - I’d bring some other Aussie icon :slight_smile:. Montrachet - I still don’t think you can beat the Bouchard version for relative price/quality - classic style - '04 version is great. Yes to the Esszencia!

1 Like

Markus - if I were able to grant wishes - this is one I’d grant for you! CHEERS

Pick one of those chateaus if you can… Which do you want to know better?

Would love to try some top Macdonald at some point also! Ditto to the Rougeard and Vatan - have both in limited numbers so could contribute to a wine gathering for sure :slight_smile:. I have all of the bordeaux you list except for the '90 Montrose - have had the '90 Montrose before and liked it a lot. The downfall of the '82 PLL is being reported from all over - all I can say is that a bottle of this one maybe 10 years ago was one of my top bordeaux experiences ever. This just happened to be with friends that wanted to try it - sort of what this thread is asking - was in my cellar - made for a memorable memory! I could help with the Coche (you should hold out for the CC), Rayas (these are worth the wait!), Keller (Gmax - go for this one!), Unico (my favorite - wish for the '70), Soldera (agree), and Grange (I can help with the '86). CHEERS

Would love to attend Craig - in fact, would love to contribute! I’ve enjoyed the '89 and '90 Rayas - all gone - but have from '03 onward to throw in.

1 Like

Jon, when I was reading your OP, the first thing that came to mind was Le Pin because I’ve never had one. Shocked when you mentioned the same wine.

But after thinking about it what I really would like is a bunch of Jayer Burgs.

1 Like

Happy New Year Paul (super Grandpa :p). Yep, it’s interesting to start to know the wants of friends and wine veterans like you Paul - if you wish for Le Pin after all these years of wine enjoyment then we must scratch that itch in 2021! Can’t help with Jayer although I’ve been tempted on many occasions to buy a bottle or two to see. I’ve been able to sample real versions of magical Jayer wines before and understand your need to know what these wines are all about. CHEERS my friend!

Oh yea…throw a Henri Jayer in my list please!