What BEER are you drinking? (Part 2)

Had a great trippel and then terrible NEIPA yesterday so I needed to turn things around like Russ.

Temps fell below 80° so here we go. Smoked Mezcal Stout with moderate cacao and robust punch. Texture more Porter than Stout, appreciated here in Yucatán.

Burp.

2 Likes

Monkish - “Bloom and Blossom” NEIIPA

Picked up some barley wines and stouts. Now to figure out what to jump into first…

2 Likes

Now thats a haul !!!

1 Like

I’d say create a story with those names and drink in that order :joy:

OG Alpine Duet and Nelson pretty much got me into the IPA thing several years ago.
I’ve been on a Pilsner and Belgian kick for a while (Whitbier and stronger blonde ales) when it’s on draught.

2 Likes

OG Alpine Nelson got a lot of folks into the IPA game back then.

Cheers,

Bud

TreeHouse (+2 Trillium) party here this weekend.

1 Like

Nice line up ! What time do the festivities begin ?

Cheers,

Bud

2 Likes

It is deep Hades hot and mi familia es infirma. I will get pizza and like an aquarium of these. Hebrew please, esto es ideal!

1 Like

How is the pie down there?

Really good. Mexicans say pizza is theirs, not Italy’s! The red lager from Modelo is light and tasty, very refreshing.

3 Likes

Looks nice a nice pie, one bite, everyone knows the rules. Have you found any good hop forward bevies yet Glenn?

Cheers,

Bud

Bud - that’s hit and miss. There are two serious local craft brewers, with very different business models.

One, Cuerno de Toro, has great hospitality and a full-on restaurant with tap room. They made an amazing NEIPA earlier this year but I caught Dengue Fever and had it only once, but two glasses that one time.

They split their taps between imperial reds, stouts, and IPAs as there is no $ in craft lagers here in Mexico, for obvious reasons. So far the only beer I’ve had of theirs that would make your radar was the NEIPA, which was ridiculously good.

Now the other brewer, Fervor, gets hoppier but they are strictly production to distribution with no hospitality. They go from Session to DDH and their beer is very good.

We have a shitton of beer bars here. Almost all have killer food. You visit we will hit them all!

Sounds like your getting a bit of everything and I can only image how good the food must be.

Cheers,

Bud

Like even simple fare, the chicken sandwich say, at my cool hipster, jazz records spinning, beer bar just freakin kills.

Fries are starting to get elevated here too, in the land of tortillas every way.

I have five great beer sitdown joints I rotate thru.

1 Like

Stoked for you Glenn ! Enjoy the ride, sounds like your dialing it in !

Cheers,

Bud

2 Likes

We went to lunch today at a chi chi seafood place as we settled an issue with our new home this morning.

Mondays is FREE BEER. Supposed to be limit of two but our waiter said as much as I’d like. Had two Bohemia Claro.

Free beer tastes good.

3 Likes

Monkish/The Veil - “Horse” IPA
Monkish - “Life is Foggy” NEIPA
Monkish - “Geometry of Chance” NEIIPA
Monkish - “Bomb Atomically” NEIIPA

all very solid.

1 Like