What BEER are you drinking? (Part 2)

I’m more a fan of 8, but hard to not get excited about any of their beers

That is the holy grail of beer my friend.

Only because it’s so hard to get. Personally, I prefer the Enkel.

1 Like

Never had Enkel, how do they compare? Ah, just educated myself. I like a little more weight, so dubbel suits my tastes.

Agreed re: scarcity. I sourced ~12 bottles over the couple of years I was over there and I shared it with others for the “greatest beer in the world” experience much more than any personal excitement over it.

Then again, I’m the guy who took all my Cantillon and traded it for stouts because I don’t care for the style, so take it for what it’s worth.

1 Like

The Enkel is basically a pale, lower alcohol beer with more hop presence and bitterness. I would think of it as a Belgian take on a Kolsch - light, crisp, somewhat fruity. The Westvleteran version is one of the best I’ve had.

And bless you for those trades! :grinning:

As to scarcity, in the US, yes. But when I was in Belgium it was easy to find. Seemingly every beer store I entered had lots of 8 and 12. Shockingly so. Unlike anything beyond the 3-4 “base” Cantillon bottlings. Beyond that, it seemed like you needed to visit the brewery.

15 Anniversary is excellent, and very close to 14 which is my all time favorite by a large margin. Killed my last bottle a year or so ago to much sadness. I like The Bruery in the background too.

I have one more Maltose Falcon that I think is overaged and I need to crack open, now that I think of it…

1 Like

My favorite/go-to stout since I can remember. I like lots of their variants but the plain old BA version is still tops for me. Kern River Class X might be a close second.

1 Like

Haven’t seen the Parabola up here in WA state for years. Loved their Parabajava, too!

I’ve noted this in years past but Willettized is at the top of my favorite bba stouts. Crazy how they do it with a what must be crazy desirable barrel for $3.50.

I felt no shame when I stumbled upon 2 cases this year and bought one full one. I wanted two but Karma and all :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Last weekend…

1 Like

[quote=“Andrew_Kotowski, post:158, topic:286008”]
L
[/quote

Well done :firecracker:

1 Like

First time I’d seen this.

Sean Lawson actually makes a hazy! But unlike most NEIPA’s— 5.3%, moderate bitterness, tons of hops and complex yellow fruits. I love it.

3 Likes

Always happy to put together another Seattle care package…: just saying.

When I get an update from Green Cheek saying they’re releasing their take on the OG Alpine Nelson IPA my heart skips a beat. Can they pull it off ? The answer is an emphatic hell yes.The nose is straight out of 2013, dank Nelson with that great Rye whisper. The flavors are spot on,Sauv Blanc juice, tangerine and that pink grapefruit note just like the good ol’ days. It’s got that semi hazy color, the body is soft and clean and finishes long juicy and bone dry. A world class replication of a Legend. Green Cheek Beer Co. Temporarily Permanent, Rye IPA, 7% ABV. Hopped with Freestyle Farms Nelson Sauvin.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Buddy, great to see! Having been active in this thread for a decade now, I know how much you loved the Alpine Nelson releases! Congratz!

1 Like

**[quote=“Andrew_Kotowski, post:163, topic:286008, full:true”]
Buddy, great to see! Having been active in this thread for a decade now, I know how much you loved the Alpine Nelson releases! Congratz!
[/quote]

There’s been so many good west coast Nelson IPA’s since 2013 but the Rye is just perfect in this recipe creating that amazing nose that was half the beauty of the OG Alpine Nelson.

Cheers man,

Bud

For the money, this may be the BBAS I consider the best.

1 Like