The Bourbon Thread

Anyone try the Bookers Springfield batch (2024-01) yet?

I’m active on the wine side, but I wanted to get some input from those in the know:

I purchased this bottle in 2012 (I think) at an informal tasting event in Chicago. Unopened and signed by Lincoln Henderson. Any thoughts on value or where you might consign?

Though my taste shifted more towards wine, I remember having Angel’s Envy when it was released and making a point to go to this midweek tasting.

The flip side is significantly reduced selection like Oregon and Idaho and basically no special orders any longer…1183 was passed by the people even if it was written by big retail. If we’d just passed the initiative in 2011/12 it would be very different.

No idea on value, but would be a neat bottle given it’s batch 2.0. They launched in 2011 (first bottle was distilled in 2010, but held… which is why you still see 10/10 on their corks), and Lincoln is a legend. Probably more sentimental value than spectacular bourbon, as I believe he was barrel picking at the time.

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

If you haven’t tried Coopers Craft 100 proof your missing out, best bourbon sub $30 on the market.:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I am not sure exactly where to post this, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place. But I randomly came into possession of two bottles of bourbon (pappy 12 and pappy 10) and I’m unfortunately not a bourbon drinker. I am however a wine drinker, and I would be interested in trading these two bottles for some fine wine if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Tim

Commerce Corner is your friend.

1 Like

How come things like this never happen to me? :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Right? “I never thought it would happen to me…”

1 Like

Sorry, not Bourbon but I thought it might be best here.

Has anybody had any of the old Canadian Club releases?
When the first one came out (41yr) I really wanted to try it and then quickly forgot due to price, although it’s pretty cheap for most anything that age.

Well the 42yr is on closeout here for 1/2 price (~$180) so it has me tempted again. This version has 9% added of younger Rye, which is allowed in age statement Canadian apparently.

Looks like Knob Creek came out with a 10 year version of their Rye (only $64!)

1 Like

I can’t speak to this specifically but that’s a great price for anything that old. I’m in complete awe of what Found North is doing with older Canadian whisky so if it’s anything like that, I’d be all over it.

They have a ton of older whiskey up north , upwards of 20+yrs.

Brown Forman sales down 10% yoy, probably similar across the big 6 distilleries.Most new construction,rickhouses,warehouses and such are slowing or put on hold.On the plus side, upqrading the bourbon experience for visitors.Prices continue to slide downward,which is only good for us.:tumbler_glass:

Hopefully Ancient Age 10 will actually live up to its name someday soon again :laughing:

1 Like

For $180 you should get it and tell us how it is.

Brown Forman sales down 10% yoy, probably similar across the big 6 distilleries.Most new construction,rickhouses,warehouses and such are slowing or put on hold.On the plus side, upqrading the bourbon experience for visitors.Prices continue to slide downward,which is only good for us.:tumbler_glass:

Brown-Forman saw sales for its full fiscal year ended in April dip 1% to $4.2 billion on an organic basis, with operating income down 2% to $1.4 billion, in what the company called “a challenging year within the spirits industry.” In the most recent quarter, sales slipped 5% to $1 billion, while operating income fell 16% to $375 million.

10%???

10 % year over year .I thought I was clear about that.PM sent.

Has anyone tried this yet?