Sandlands 2019 release date

Not so fast. I feel if any winery gets to be too much % of my cellar, I will stop buying them. First, we don’t know how well or for how long these will age (I like wines to have the ability to age from 10-20 years) and second, I want enough variety to ensure I won’t get palate fatigue or burnout. Hasn’t happened with Sandlands yet, but I don’t want to find out.

I was just checking Sandlands pricing on Wine-Searcher - many of these wines are selling for ~$50 a bottle! Are these collected on the secondary market? Just curious…

The little bit that makes it into retail does tend to go for pretty high prices. I don’t think it’s a wine with a secondary market / flipping dimension, but one does pay a premium for it at retail.

Yeah, they are so delicious and there is not a lot out there that I doubt much makes it to secondary. Most get drunk up with pleasure and glee by the folks who buy them. [cheers.gif]

I had to get one each of the Sandlands Mourvèdre bottlings, the Refosco (my first), plus the Contra Costa Red Table Wine.

Can anyone help me with what to expect from a Refosco?

I think I may have has a red blend from Castoro Cellars that was predominantly Refosco many years ago, but I don’t remember anything about it.

On list since the beginning I think. Had to stop at a case this time.

Anyone know anything about the Coombsville Chardonnay and Merlot that Tegan posted on instagram?

Wish list granted.

Best QPR in CA. Lovely wines loaded with character.

Second wave just dropped and was able to pick up a mixed 6-pack.

I was in the second wave. No syrah left to even wish list, but I bought my full allocation of everything else plus wish listed a couple to get to twelve bottles. Two different Chenin, Trousseau, Contra Costa Red. The Mataro was listed in my allocation but was sold out within the 30 minutes from e-mail received to purchasing.

I was surprised that the Mataro was still available. It’s usually gone in the first wave.

First time with Sandlands. Scooped the Mataro, table wine and trousseau. I must’ve been one of the last buyers of Mataro as it appears sold out

First timer trying Sandlands - Grabbed both Chenins, Trousseau and table wine…

Missed the Mataro… =(

Someone needs to post some notes on the Refosco, its sounds really interesting.

Can someone describe the style of the Sandlands wines, as compared to other board favorites that make Mataro, Chenin and Carignane, eg Bedrock, D&R, Etc.

Thanks!

Not anytime soon. Maybe in about 3-4 years. [cheers.gif]

They’re in a similar wheelhouse to Arnot-Roberts or Birichino in terms of style.

Riper than Arnot but less so than a Ridge.

Same with me, Sean. Glad to have been allocated what I was, which I purchased in its entirety, but wished that I could have wish listed the Mataro and the Refosco, which I was not given the opportunity to do.

Can’t compare to the ones you mentioned, but they are very pure fruited with rich bodies, not really acid driven or underfruited but hardly ever excessive. They remind of something you’d make and serve at an old California ranch and have for dinner informally.

Glad that all y’all above got added to the list!! I’m stoked that my wishlists were granted – thx Tegan & Co!