Retailer Check: The Wine Connection at Pound Ridge, NY

What would Dogen do?

Well… Dogen probably wouldn’t collect wine for a number of reasons — but, what would he do?

He would probably let it go.

No disrespect intended at all.

May you be well….

Sarah, thnx for the f/u. Wish Max well on my behalf if you contact him. Of course, I would like to get my wine but I appreciate his struggle. Suerte

1 Like

Just to be clear, I have no unfinished business with this store or its owner. My concern is for those who may realize an unnecessary loss.

May you be well, also.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I have 2 invoices totaling $18,000 of wine never received, and no one answers my calls or emails. Does anyone know anymore than I have read above?
Norbert

Sadly no. I have less than you outstanding but a lot of wine by my standards and so far have not been able to get any responses. Because the purchases were in 2020, my credit card company says I have no recourse. Awful situation all the way around.

3 Likes

Max, the owner, passed away earlier this year.

The store website acknowledges the same.
https://www.wineconn.com/hot-news/

Thanks for quick reply Joe.

Well I guess the posting the family put on the site was a lie, as they were going to fill all outstanding orders. There maybe a lot of people like us…

3 Likes

I’m hoping against hope that it’s just taking them time to sort out everything, but nothing to be done right now.

1 Like

Hope everyone here is made whole with their pending deliveries and/or refunds.

Hope everyone here is made whole with their pending deliveries and/or refunds.

I’ve not heard anything about my pending order, and at this point I doubt I will.

Just curious, has anyone in the Pound Ridge area heard or seen what has happened with the store?

Bump… same question - anyone know what is happening?

As of middle of last year the building was sold. Currently, I believe that the new owners are looking for a tenant for a retail establishment

For rent. $17K per month.

Photos still showing plenty of wine

Lots of beautiful racks. Smart move would be to talk to commercial real estate company.

So I presume people were never made whole?

I was not and have not heard of anyone else either. I have around 3.5 cases outstanding. I never met Max but by phone and he was a great guy. I feel terrible about his passing. I just trying to stay current in case anyone ever does try to address outstanding orders - maybe they are sitting in storage?

The storage for WC was bottom/basement level of the store. Surely not there now, I seriously doubt estate transferred to some offsite, I’d assume there was some bulk sale.
They did sell furnishings

Anyone with owed wine should be pushing CC, though probably too late if not a futures offering, Maybe a lawyer could offer suggestions on how to see probate status (or if it was a company there must be some liquidation paperwork).

2 Likes

Pound Ridge Wines & Spirits now up and running in the same location, not the store Max put together, which I miss, as I do Max.
NB they have no idea what happened to the wines in storage which is a shame, I assume no one can re-sell a technically already sold bottle?

3 Likes