PSA - Flannery sale

Alrighty!

Invitation? :grinning:

Hey Marc! Love those steaks and that wine! Only Sizzano I’ve found stateside. We just spent about a week in the Alto Piemonte because we love th ewines. Exciting things happening there.

mailed it to the same place you sent the Spinasse invites to! [rofl.gif]

Hey Nathan,
Would love to hear more about your trip to Alto Piemonte. We were in Barolo in 2006, and Torino, but didn’t visit the Alto Piemonte. The year we went to visit they were pouring the 2002 and 2003 vintage, oh well.
Still it was a magical place.

Been drinking the ‘13 Sperino Uvaggio since last fall, probably been through a case or so. They changed distributors out here and it’s been on sale, and it drinks perfectly now.

Disagree , they will be fine , freezing will only suck moisture from the meat.Before you jump on me I was a butcher once a upon a time

Touche!

Bryan Flannery disagrees with you. He says since his steaks are dry aged the moisture content is lowered and freezing has no ill effects on the meat.

And my experience bears that out.

I’ve been hit-or-miss with it, personally, and that includes with Flannery beef. Biggest issue for me when something goes sideways has been texture, as opposed to flavor.

That said, I froze my two NYs rather than leave them in the fridge for a week, given I’m cooking them tomorrow. Will take out of the freezer and put in the fridge today, salt overnight and cook tomorrow.

I don’t think Bryan ages the hangers and filets nearly as long as the New Yorks and ribeyes, so the moisture content is greater in the hangers and filets.

I have been buying/eating the hangers from Flannery since at least 2009. I have frozen them for months into years (found in bottom of freezer) and not once have I had a texture or flavor issue with them.

Maybe you just got mad freezing skills?

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Ok good. Mine went In the freezer before I caught this discussion lol.

Bought my first Jorge cuts (along with many hangers and other odds and ends from mismatched section)

Any tips on reverse sear method for the Jorge? And what about outdoors on a grill?

1 Like

Gas, charcoal or kamado?

reverse sear is perfecto.

Question is how much time should I allow to get to temp. I usually have the oven at 275 or 300 for my reverse sears. I’ve just never worked with a chunk of beef this size.

I’d do 275. So you can cook it a bit longer.

Hard to give estimates since everyone’s oven is different. Straight out of the fridge into the oven it takes me about a hour to get to rare - around 111