PSA - Flannery sale

That’s how I do them because I’m lazy, but the best ones I’ve had (cooked by other berserkers) were reverse seared after (smoker or oven). Perfect texture and char. But the quick and dirty way works with this cut for me every time. I can’t see why these need more than salt and pepper. This cut has so much flavor. I will have to try a Tex marinade sometime to be open-minded.

Bought another pile of these for home and sent a bunch to my buddy in Utah who I owe big time.

Mine show up Tuesday and his on Wednesday. I was down to 2 packs left in my freezer :slight_smile:

It’s always great to get a note from Katie and Bryan especially when it says this [wow.gif] and comes with these [wink.gif]
325D37DA-E9D4-4684-8CD4-01B5942ABA53.jpeg

Looking forward to my shipment next week. For hangars…I just unwrap dry well and salt keep in the frig all day and for dinner grill turning often. The big piece goes on 3 min before the smaller piece

Hey, those were supposed to be mine!

At my home they both go on at the same time. That way we both get the doneness we are after.

Got 8 hangers yesterday. Thx for the PSA.

Sorry you spell your name the wrong way neener

8 hangers arrived here yesterday morning. I cooked half of one for a solo dinner. No fuss, came out perfect. So delicious.

If you give these a decent salt and watch them even a little while cooking they are just glorious protein.

8 for me too [cheers.gif]

Y? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They have become my favorite steak, hands down.

Where’s the 3rd Holy Shit one? neener

It appears I’m in the minority since I bought the NY strip. Still the best steak in town.

Same, at least until I started buying the CA Reserve skirt steak.

This was my first order from Flannery. When I put the order in I got the side eye from my wife. We have a really good local butcher in town who gets beef from small locally sourced cows so she thought it was crazy to get mail order. I think she thought it was like an Omaha steak deal, frozen, etc. Anyway the NY strip was simply great, amazing flavor and nicely marbled, but not fatty. We haven’t got to the hanger yet but I love that cut and it is hard to find here. My wife loved it. Many thanks for the tip on Flannery.

Opened a bottle of 2013 Monsecco Sizzano which is a 60% Nebbiolo 40% Vespolina/Uva Rara blend from northern Piedmont. A Rosenthal import. Delicious wine, fab with the NY strip. Cheers.

You can have your steak and eat it, too.
6C6803CA-59AE-4FA5-99A0-18335452475B.jpeg

Quick Q on these please…
I totally spaced and had them deliver this week for a bbq next Sat… (meant to deliver it next Monday).

When i get it, should I 1) freeze it and thaw it out next Thurs/Fri… or 2) just keep it in the fridge for 10 days in the vacuum seal?

Freeze it

^ this