PSA - Flannery sale

I’m usually around 30 mins at 300 with a cut like that, as it’s pretty damn thick, but that’s with the kamado running warm. I’ll leave the top off when I’m searing and flip every minute, so I don’t get the gray/WD ring. On a Weber kettle, I keep the lid on and do the same, as you don’t have anywhere near the amount of residual heat.

I will be trying the Tuite Marinade tonight - EVOO, Soy Sauce, fresh Lime Juice, but may or may not do the fresh ginger…

We use that recipe about 70% of the time on London broil steaks. without the ginger we found it very flat. The trick is the amount of fresh ginger to use. enjoy.

About an inch through the microplane. Only marinade for 30-40 min tops because of the acid in the lime juice.

1 Like

The Tuite Marinade is delicious, with one big problem…

There’s not enough exposure of the meat to the marinade! The edges and outside were delicious as hell, but then the interior bits were lacking because I wanted more of the marinade! I feel like I should figure out a way to filet a hanger to get MAX EXPOSURE

Your best option is probably to reserve the marinade, simmer it a bit to sanitize and reduce, then use it as kind if an au jus.

Don’t you get four seared sides with every bite?

Of course, but on the thicker pieces there’s a lot of ‘unmarinated’ meat to deal with! Maybe I’ll slice down the middle to let it sink in lol

Maybe I don’t know what I’m missing, lol. I just salt my hangers, and throw on a little pepper toward the end of cooking. I use something like this marinade for fajitas, with skirt steak. There you’ll get a lot more surface per bite :wink: though you need a really hot grill.

Yup, normally I did just salt, not even pepper, and it was fine - sometimes a little extra flavor is welcome

1 Like

try adding sriracha

1 Like

You can add some Korean bulgogi sauce to the marinade and baste the steaks as you turn them. You’ll end up with a thicker coating, almost a glaze, that will up the overall enjoyment of the flavor addition. I’m always adjusting my hanger marinade.

I’ve used Brian’s Marinade for several years on my hangers, I usually go on the long end of time 60-90 min, and done wipe it off when I throw it on, I usually heat some to dip the thick middle pieces.

Cyber Monday Sale - 45% off CA Reserve New York steaks, no code needed. It’s about as much discount as you will see on these.

2 Likes

Is this better than berserker day sale?

1 Like

Almost. :smirk:

It’s better when you’re nearly out of NY steaks and berserker day is months away :).

Thanks Katie and Bryan! :clap:

CA reserve bone in rib roast on sale with CA reserve club roast. Also ribeye gift boxes and CA Mini Tomahawk. Nice discounts, enjoy

Lol, I was just posting this.

a few questions on the Reserve Dry Aged Club Roasts:

1. how long do you salt them prior to cooking? 12, 18 or 24 hrs?
  2. do you cook like the website says; 500* for 15 minutes then lower to 350* until done (about 45 minutes)?
  3. What temp are you taking out of oven? 120* or 130* and resting for at least 30 minutes?