It's The Weekend...What Is Everyone Drinking????

I’m hip…just having fun on my end as well.

Some Garagiste stuff at home and taking to neighbor’s dinner:

2007 Casa Marin Sauvignon Blanc Cipreses Vineyard
2007 Domaine Antugnac Pinot Noir Vin de Pays de la Haute Vallée de l’Aude
2003 Château Cambon La Pelouse

Finally getting to one of these for Father’s Day BBQ at home with my Dad and family:
2005 A. Rafanelli Zinfandel

Whatever they’re serving in united int’l business class. Off to Sao Paulo for a week for work.

Ray, what sort of work takes you to Brasil? VC fala português? Bom viagem!

General corporate law work–going down for some meetings. Don’t speak any Portuguese but will be traveling with some who do. I’m excited to go, although I suspect that I will have no free time at all.

You will eat and drink well, that’s for sure. Don’t get whiplash looking at babes…

Starting slow…

2006 Hacienda Monasterio
2004 Antinori Villa Antinori Toscana IGT
2007 Louis Latour Pouilly-Fuissé

Certainly more to come…

'99 Lych Bages to start…

Very nice…you dog. [berserker.gif]

Woof!!

:wink:

Tonight we had a Domaine Raphet 2005 Chambolle Musigny “Les Millandes” with the best dinner I’ve ever had at a local restaurant that is starting to stay open and allows BYOW on Friday nights. The Chef had a really spectacular grilled locally produced double cut pork rib chop that was grilled and finished in the over. Very simply prepared, but as good a piece of pork as I’ve put in my mouth in a while. I’ve just finished gnawing the bones that I brought home a few minutes ago. Then I let the cats have a go at them and I’ve just tossed them out the door to the racoons, who all fought greedily over them. No fools they.

The Les Millandes was very nice. Borderline infanticide, I’ll grant you, but if you’re going to commit infanticide with Burgundy, a Chambolle is a usually a good choice and Raphet is not a bad producer for it. A bit tannic as one would expect with a bit more oak that I would have expected from Raphet. But it was 2005 and Gerard may have felt the wines could stand up to a bit more. But the wine, while full bodied, was light on it’s feet and after a few minutes, could easily be drunken with great pleasure. I only bought four bottles of this as I just found a few orphaned bottles in a store, as I recall. But I wish, as usual, that I had a couple of cases. It’s not great vin de garde, bit boy you could get a lot of pleasure opening a case or two of this with a nice simple meal (roast chicken, pork chops, steaks without a heavy sauce, sausages, etc.) with this elegant but modest wine. 91 points or so, I’d say.

When I got home, I rummaged about for a half bottle of red to finish off the evening. But I couldn’t find one. I finally settled on a split of Sauzet’s 2004 Puligny Montrachet village. I bought a half case of these, and damned if again I wish I had bought more. Really nice wine at a reasonable price. Very Puligny. Very Sauzet. And very much a creature of the 2004 vintage. Light golden yellow color. And just a knockout nose for a village wine. If I could put into words what’s going on with the nose of this wine, I’d quit work and be a novelist. Flinty minerals, candied pears, maybe a note of ripe apricots and almonds? Taste it and it is delivers. It’s marked by the acidity and minerality of the vintage, which I very much like. But it is also full of ripe fruits, mostly pears with a touch of apricots and sweet apples. The limited depth and intensity of the fruit is the only tip off that it may be a village wine and it could still easily be mistaken for a 1er Cru. 89 points or so?

Friday night we had:
2006 Ketcham Estate Pinot Noir Ketcham Vineyard
2002 Columbia Crest Walter Clore Private Reserve

The '06 sv Ketcham is drinking very well!

Taking friends and family to dinner tonight.

We’ll have:

07 Peay Viognier

A Match Butterdragon Hill Cab vertical (03, 04, and 05)

Josh,

I’d be happy to.

Last night, a 2004 Siduri Pisoni PN.

I’m going to bring a 2006 Inman Family OGV to the above tasting. Think it would an interesting compare/contrast wine.

Last night we had:

2008 Dashe Cellars Grenache (Dry Creek)
2008 Kapscandy Rose
2007 Littorai “Mays Canyon” Chardonnay
2007 Spatburgunder or something…a Pinot

Tonight:

Breggo Gewurtztraminer and???

Sunday - probably nothing.

Off to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and climb Mt Tam.

How was the Kap Rose?

It was good but nothing earth shattering. A little too “sweet”. No detectable RS but I prefer a little more crispness

On deck tonight leftover btl of Beaux Freres WV PN 06
For tomorrow:

07 Pernot Bourg Blanc
06 dauvissant Petit Chablis
85 Vietti Ris Villero Barolo
…and some Ridge Zin for my dad…best wishes for the dads out there, we deserve it !

Helluva score. I have never seen Belgian beer at the local Costco.

Someone bought the Dogfish Head IPA out from under me. [1928_middle_finger.gif]

But revenge is sweet. Wound up with a 1/6 keg of Ommegang Three Philosophers.

Brewery Ommegang – Where Heaven met earth ... and stayed awhile. - Brewer of Belgian-Style Beers in America" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For $40, btw. [dance2.gif]