Faethm Wine - Nikolas Krankl

Have not had a ton of experience with SQN wines, but gave it a try too.

[cry.gif]

I joined last year, I guess I didn’t make the grade.

Feels like choosing hoops teams when I was a kid.

WOW. I had stepped to use the restroom and when I came back the Rose is sold out…

Was surprised I made the list but in for a 4 pack.

Was able to grab the 2+2 plus 1 white and 1 Rose. I love the SQN rose so excited to see if this will be a similar style

Same here but also wished extra rose though not expecting to get it

Got my order in. Not surprise the Rose and White sold out … by my calculations:

2017 Faethm Grenache & Faethm Syrah only 623 boxed sets of 4 bottles made - 1,246 Syrah and 1,246 Grenache 750ml
2017 Faethm Rose only 1 barrel was made so 300 bottles max
2017 Faethm White one 1 barrel was made so 300 bottles max

And pricing:

Prices for the inaugural release of FAETHM:

2017 FAETHM Syrah + Grenache 4-pack boxed set $480($120 per 750ml bottle)

2017 FAETHM White $79 for a 750ml

2017 FAETHM Rose $40 for a 750ml

Plus tax and shipping. Shipping is expensive for the 4-pack boxed sets if buying multiples (~$150)

I guess us Feb sign ups were late to the party! No offer here.
Will look forward to tasting notes from those that got in.

Does anyone have pictures of the labels and box?

Lisa Perotti Brown of The Wine Advocate did an article recently featuring SQN, Andremily and Fæthm. She posted a pic of a one of their bottles…
2DFB9334-9725-4CE3-AB03-A78F8DCB8ED4.jpeg

Classic. When you get your first shipment, be sure to take pics for your scrapbook. In the privacy of your abode you can even rub yourself on the bottles.

mitch - i take it you didnt order

A month or two back, Florida Jim Cowan tasted through three or four SQN’s and expressed my sentiments.
I’ve tasted about ten of them.
I was right there when Rudy drove in at the exact moment a half-barrel of HdR SQN Grenache came up at auction to scoop it up irrespective of price with his paddle lifted just once and held overhead until the deed was done.
I suffered a drunken verbal brawl with a very good and much missed friend (he died a few years later) over my allegation that he was a trophy collector with little or no objective appreciation of the intrinsic quality of the wine without the cache’ and label.
SQN and any spin-offs are to use a medical analogy-a straight leg raising test for my wine-based L5-S1 sciatica. Maximally provocative for a predominant problem in the world of wine.

Nothing a nice bottle of Queen of Hearts can’t fix, Mitch!

What a bizarre response. [scratch.gif]

Nobody seems to know if stylistically these are wines that pair best with a cheese course, or as a stand alone experience, sorta fruit in your face “unctuous and well endowed” Parkerization apex examples, or ?
Over a hundred for Grenache or Syrah with no track record is out of line, IMO.

Caymus Family Wines, or Krankl family wines=marketing power and excitment, huh?

so don’t buy it. Simple

Yeah, and don’t even express your opinion about not buying it! [cheers.gif]

took the words right out of my mouth [cheers.gif]

If anyone is passing on their allocation I’ll gladlt take it. Please pm me.