Downstream Wines

Received and deleted the email. You’re welcome.

I missed the part about 3 bottles, a magnum and wooden box. I probably would not have signed up if I had seen that.

A more budget friendly Philippe Cambie collaboration wine would be A DEUX TETES with Phil Coturri

“A Deux Têtes produces three limited production wines: Napa Valley Grenache rosé, Oakville Ranch Grenache and Rossi Ranch Grenache.”

I consider Justin’s wines overextracted and too over-the-top for my palate. Then you add PhillipeCombie to the mix…wowza. Thanks, but no thanks. But it’s a sure 100 pts from Monktown.
Tom

I was 7 mins… I hope the price point isn’t egregious

It is a neat box though
Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.33.30 PM.jpg

At least $1000 a box, im thinking more like $1250

Fish is a weird motif for wines

I was 26 minutes. I’m afraid I was probably too late.

I’m impressed at how quick on the draw many of you were! Was there a warning email with a date that I missed or was today relatively out of the blue?

and it’s NOK discontinuing the box?

If we’re going The Price is Right rules I’ll take $150 a bottle, $750 for the set

I was 27 minutes, so most likely too late. As well as too poor if the $1K+ estimates are correct.

Looks like WA already rated it 93-95 points and JD 95-98 (barrel samples?): DOWNSTREAM | Philippe Cambie

edit: added JD’s score

And here I thought ‘downstream’ had a negative connotation… [scratch.gif]

Oh, it’s 3 750s AND a magnum in one box. I could bite for $750, but $1,000 might be too much for me.

so why are you even posting here in this thread?
the email for downstream went to saxum mailing list and wait list, i doubt you’d be on either.

I have a feeling they think we live Downstream from a money tree forest. Offer should come when the fishing is better.

Haven’t yet tasted the Downstream wines but the A Deux Têtes wines are very good. The Rose’ is perhaps the best I’ve had from CA or anywhere for that matter.

Adam Lee
Clarice Wine Company

I signed up, but doubt I’ll end up pulling the trigger at anything more than $150/750mL. There are just too many wines in the $100-$150 range that I find it hard to justify spending more money on bottles at this point in my life. Either my palat isn’t refined enough or my wallet isn’t big enough!

TW

Well…I sorta thought WB was all about sharing thoughts and opinions on wine. Didn’t realize this was a members-only thread. Sorry about that.
Indeed, not on the Saxum, or SQN, or Alban, or ScreamingEagle, or Harlan, or Colgin, or Coturri mailing lists. So I shouldn’t comment on those wines.
Tom

I guess someone should post the rules about who is allowed to post on certain topics.

if it was any semblance of constructive criticism i say bring it on. your sentiment was, ‘I’m afwe, i’ll pass’ which isn’t constructive criticism.
i get the style of wine isn’t for you and i respect your taste-more for me/different strokes etc.
but at least make a milkshake joke or something a little more creative champagne.gif

1 Like