Downstream Wines

Yeah, I know. Wish it was more!

may be entering into unchartered territory charging $200ish/750ml for a zin based wine

I have no idea how these will be priced, but the limited quantities, premium vineyards, all-star production team and packaging (3 750s and 1 mag in a wooden box), are certainly different and suggest pricing to match.

I think your looking at $1000 box

That’s what I was thinking. Seems like a Next of Kyn type thing.

i sent in response but if Alan is correct doubt i will be a buyer

This will be the most expensive wine coming out of the region, correct? Not saying it’s ‘justified’ - just commenting.

I’m certain the wine will be top notch - an incredible team of folks involved . . .

Cheers!

Five years ago I would have jumped at this (I received the email too). #almostdonewithlists

I signed up and will anxiously await the fall release to see if I made the cut…given the pedigree, I’m excited!

semi related, anyone know when release letter goes out for the upcoming saxum release?

In - immediately after seeing the email which was 20 minutes after it arrived. I went “old school” and called. Customer service outstanding as always.

Very high expectations here. They do everything else so right. Have never had anything less then an excellent bottle.

Fingers crossed. This is going to be spendy for sure. Any estimates on cost?

I signed up about an hour later, never received the confirmation email.

Never got a confirmation, however when I tried to sign up again (just in case it didn’t take the first time), I got the message that I was already registered.

$1,000 a box??? Are there 5 others that would like to split it with me? [rofl.gif]

Signed up about 45 min after email and JUST now received confirmation email (4 hour delay?). Same language as written upthread.

I tried signing up less than 5 minutes after the email hit, but the website had crashed. By the time I got through and registered it was about 25 minutes after the initial email.

I figure those 25 minutes equals about 5 years on the waiting list.

Letter came out last week, release day for 1st wave is 17th

So this is Saxum wine that is open to whatever Cambie would like to blend together. I wouldn’t want to pay (speculating) An extra $100+ per bottle just because Cambie likes this particular special to him blend. He’s not Mozart and Justin is already pretty good at that blending thing.
At least with Chimere it’s a unique set of grapes from France. Maybe I’m missing something here but [scratch.gif]

How do we know it will be $200 a bottle?

Because it comes in a fancy box. Could be only 175 though.