De Negoce offer (Part 2)

I WILL not, I SHALL not, there AIN’T no reason for me to do so, and where would I STACK it (just dump all the L 58 McDowell Petite Sirah down the drain?), unreasonable to RATIONALIZE, am I that DUMB(?), but it was $144 TRANCHE I plus $29 shipping, just FORGET it, you gotta be KIDDIN, $55 CREDIT (really?), today $139 DELIVERED, get SERIOUS, 82% Cabernet, 5% Petite Verdot, 5% Syrah, 4% Carmenere, 3% Kitchen Sink, 2% Cabernet Franc, 2% Merlot - 50% new French oak, medium toast 14.8% alc., BOTTLED three years ago (2020-12-10), $50+ PRICE point, Cam says consume over the NEXT 10-15 years, $6.95 a bottle, ~ Lot 91 | 2018 Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon, $83.35, DONE!

6 Likes

91 is a very good wine for this price. It’s not one of the top dN’s out there, but is is fairly good and this $12.50 price is pretty much tranche 1 pricing, but with 3 more years of bottle age! Go get it!

And yes, you cannot use points or the first time buyer code when there is a % off sale. Only on full bottle shop prices, case deals and future sales.

4 Likes

I ordered a case and it allowed me to apply my points. There might be a bug in their system, or maybe they just don’t like you.

1 Like

I know you can’t use points for anything on sale in the bottle shop. I was surprised when it let me use mine today.
I keep saying I’m out but then they send me $5 to write a TN, so I had $80 in credits to burn and figured I better jump in.

I’ve had about 3 bottles of N.91. I just checked my notes and they are quite positive. Of course, not on the high end of dN lots, but a great, easy drinking cab.

If I trusted this new administration, or at least knew who was behind dN these days, I would likely buy this lot as well as a few others that showed up in the sale. But I tend to be overly skeptical about things because I come from a country where businesses with bad intent are quite common. And I still don’t have a good answer in my head about how they keep unearthing old lots all the time…

1 Like

Claud,
That Delaunay 1er Cru is likely too low priced for the $70 listed. Domaine Chanson has a 1er Cru Santenay listed around $70, but can’t find that 93 pts from Suckling - think it was 90, which is 86 for everyone else. Lol.

Cheers, Tim

2 Likes

Right to be skeptical about the very few bottles they drop in the bottle of shop some stuff that might have been returned but if they selling entire cases over a day sale they just have dozens (at least) cases of this left and not much else to it.

Careful…That was outright called slander back in the day.

4 Likes

The 93 suckling was actually for the eleveur bottling, not by the source

1 Like

Funny guy. This is a not the dN of old and it’s in liquidation basically.

My theory is there was some kind of plan to store it and release “aged DN wine” as Tranche 3 or something. At a higher price of course. They probably had cheap access to storage at some point, which also led to long term storage. But now the plan is to just get rid of it. It explains why some of these case offers are wines especially benefited by aging, like this cab, or the 100 year vine syrah a few months ago.

2 Likes

Claude,
Nice try, still does not meet the $70 US retail price point…NEXT.

Re-read the WHOLE thread.
Same story twice now…
Yep /we got some decent wines. Same story twice now and you are still surprised?
Go back and read the original.
I’d bet a ton there will be a third…
Your GOD seems to be….xcz
Takes a bit of the shine off when you see under the covers

It’s an interesting read for a bit of history.

2 Likes

:clap: love this

1 Like

Though I’m content with my former Shiraz purchases (have not opened yet L 343 McLaren Vale/2020, L 349 Barossa/2021 or L 354 Barossa/2021), are there any like Shiraz bottles remaining that anyone would consider a definite QPR ‘gift’ purchase with the current 25% off sale? - $14 Lot 343 | 2020 McLaren Vale Shiraz; $19 Lot 353 | 2021 Single-Vineyard Barossa Valley Shiraz; $13 Lot 355 | 2021 McLaren Vale Shiraz; or $17 Lot 356 | 2021 Barossa Valley Shiraz;?

Should I rather focus on the $17 Lot 365 | 2021 Santa Barbara County Syrah or $15 Lot 369 | 2021 Ballard Canyon-Santa Ynez Valley Syrah?

Thank you for any insight.

I’m with @C_l_a_u_d_G on this one:

You won’t find a fit using JS rating as an identifier, because he only rated the Éleveur version. Or rated the original source lower, which would be interesting…

No thanks, I have better things to do! But my fan club will always have a place deep in my heart (like Rich who likes every post that’s negative about me). I love you all!

2 Likes

Edited multiple times for civility
May we all drink our dN in good health!

1 Like

I have not had any of the remaining Aussie Shiraz, but I do very much like 218, 365 and 369 at the 25% off price! I am a CA and WA Syrah lover.

1 Like

Ha! My favorite part about this post…is that you actually care enough to look and see who liked the negative comments about you :rofl:

2 Likes