De Negoce offer (Part 2)

You can always go back for more! :grin: (we need an enablers emoji)

Ha! It took quite a bit of mental gymnastics for me to make the first purchase :laughing:

Has anyone seen anything in COLA about Eleveur?

The only thing I could see from the last year for DN is lot 206, so must be doing something wrongā€¦.

1 Like

So, again, I thought Eleveur was going to be camā€™s on-going venture, complete with wine crafted by a highly regarded American vintner. Iā€™m intrigued by a Burgundian pinot from Nuit St Georges but this clearly doesnā€™t follow the Eleveur business model & seems like a circle back to dNā€™s foray into European offerings, albeit at higher quality & prices. Iā€™m assuming the offer is only good for todayā€¦ No takers?

The only reason I havenā€™t unsubscribed from the emails is Iā€™m mildly interested in what #450 and 500 will be. Then Iā€™m out. Until then, Iā€™m out.

I think i just purchased the last 3 of #230 Cab as it is a good one to have on hand and enjoyable.
I was going to get #345 Riesling to create a case , but sadly all gone.
So, #365 Syrah was the filler.
FOMO is a bad thingā€¦ :smirk:

2 Likes

Mark,
I can see 5 entries- one is from a winery in Wisconsin Stoneā€™s Throw used Eleveur as a brand name. Otherā€™s are the Eleveur we purchased from California sourcing. Of note, Sage Ridge offering used a different Bond permit than the Sonoma offerings. I went back to Feb 2022 to start. Eleveur as product name. The current Santenay 1er Cru is not on this registry.

Cheers, Tim

2 Likes

Marie,
Price is pretty ā€œniftyā€ for a 93 point 1er Santenay- $32 delivered here in California. The Twin Hills Eleveur PN is around $24 with current discount using free case shipping. Iā€™ve got tons of wine already. Might go 3 ways on this with friends. Donā€™t want a case.

Cheers, Tim

2 Likes

This is the biggest problem with eleveur and why I havent bought and remain skeptical of it ā€¦I still have no clue what exactly it is supposed to be. It was originally a cam project and the. It seemed like a deviation in business model and was sold as having control over the growing and wine making process (Martin ray projects?). Now it is the dumping ground for ā€œhigher end sourced wines?

3 Likes

The very poor marketing communication theme continues. The lack of transparency about who and what this new ownership team is about is difficult to comprehend. As a result, I get the sense that sales are suffering.

4 Likes

Cam: ā€œWhatā€™s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.ā€

New Denegoce: "Hey, hereā€™s all the reasons we should hook up:

1. Iā€™m a premier, super rad knockout, and I remind you of a legendary vintage 1987 high school basketball star.
  2. Iā€™m a 5, but in these times realistically Iā€™m an 11, good luck even finding anyone as handsome as me in this exclusive bar.
  3. Logistically it would cost $25 for you to uber home, if theyā€™d even travel here, which they probably wonā€™t, unless itā€™s an Uber Double Lux, but iā€™ll drive you home (wasted) for aā€¦ (what was that term Cam usedā€¦ oh yeah) a song!
  4. Could this exclusive offer get any better?
  5. Uh yeah! Only if I keep rambling on and on about how lucky you are because this offer is ONLY available to this list!
  6. Heck, without futher ado, letā€™s take this party to Bonetown!"

Iā€™m sorry to be so negative, but the emails are downright painful to read.

3 Likes

Agree that eleveur is weirdly inconsistent in its branding pitch. Regardless, my irresistible desire to sleuth led to this likely source. Seems a reasonably good price for someone who likes burgundy and wants a decent priced daily drinker. I dont love burgundy enough to get a case and theres no room at the inn anyways (or the inns closet, basement, or attic)

3 Likes
3 Likes

In for a case of #91. Had $25 in credits to use, too.

6 Likes

Havenā€™t ordered from dN for several months but I just tried to buy a case of reds from the Bottle Shop > in my cart, the 25% discount is appliedā€¦then I add (attempt to redeem) my reward points which results in the 25% discount being cancelled and my reward points being used. I have not completed the purchase as this is flawed in my opinion.
The new owners of dN need to up their game across the board or they will continue to lose a ton of business moving forward.

2 Likes

The fact this is Seven Hills (allegedly), AND that this sale allows use of other ā€œpointsā€, I added a case of #91. All in for me got it for $83.17, less than $7/bottle.

Only after I ordered did I check CT, then realize I already have one case, and scored my first bottle an 88. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh, well, a decent use of the points and cleared out my points bank.

2 Likes

Has anyone has lot n.91 recently that can provide feedback? Reviews here have not been great (thanks for your recent review @Chris_C_a_r_y)

1 Like

Tha

Thatā€™s so silly. But you can use those points on the case purchases.

1 Like

Seems fine for $12/bottle/shipped.

Thatā€™s a fair point, and also why added it to my cart before coming here to see if it is a decent wine!

1 Like