De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Could be, but doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

1 Like

my guess (impossible to know as a non-mailing list member) is that they don’t release this particular bottling every year, so 2022 is probably a slightly down year for quality. Reminds me a little of the setup for lot 400 which is a 2020, i.e. it’s probably still a very good wine, just not at the price they usually sell it for. This is the type of offering that used to come in at $20-25 and be tempting there, but at $33+ it’s a harder sell (throw in the evergreen factor that we’re all filled to the brim with wine). Still would expect it to be excellent and good QPR

3 Likes

Pinot offers have been good lately. I just got 414 in and I liked it. If I didn’t also have 412, I’d probably get this one too.

Just got an offer for single-vineyard 2022 Sonoma Coast PN, N.444 - thoughts? Seems like some possibly helpful clues in the write-up…

I’ve yet to find a dN pinot I haven’t liked. I just tried a different <$20 pinot the other day and it was trash in comparison.

3 Likes

I’ve rarely been let down by the Pinot offerings. Still weary on how the new team is sourcing vs Cam and if it will be of the same quality. I tried to do some sleuthing but didn’t get very far. Hopefully someone has some thoughts! That’s always been one of the fun things about the thread.

1 Like

Well, just when you think this thread is dead, there’s another offer to slueth.

1 Like

I agree… said the same thing about the chards. from the very start of this operation I have not had a chard or pinot that I thought sucked obviously I liked some a lot better than others but for the price point of around twenty bucks I don’t think you will find anything close to the quality at total wines or other places…but with new management I just don’t know

3 Likes

This Pinot offering might be on of the most interesting I’ve seen since the “post Cam” era series of new offers. Like others have noted the DN pinots have been really good wines and values

1 Like

Based on how the latest offers have been described, I think its safe to say the new management reads this thread.

3 Likes

Agreed, and I’d add that they would be foolish not too - free marketing research. Would be nice if they popped in to say hello though, having Cam here was a huge driver for sales.

4 Likes

A 13.7 % Pinot for $200 is a lot more compelling offer to me than a 15.5% cab for $400 that I can’t enjoy drinking for another 8-10 years, plus.

5 Likes

Would you still be interested in it if you already bought 414 and 415?

1 Like

I passed on 414 in an effort to be more responsible. The price tag was a bit higher as I vaguely recall. But I did cave & split a case of 416, followed closely by a purchase of 415 for $149 (which may have more in common with the current offer of 444 for $199). So yes, I’m tempted but haven’t jumped in yet. I seem to have a wine buying addiction…

Has 416 shipped yet for anyone? I wish they would leave the initial offer text up on their site.

Yes, I have my case of 416.
Denegociants is a good source to lookup the original offer text.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Randy and…

And denegociants.com is a great resource.

2 Likes

Unless they discover & fire sale some #68, I’m done with this. Been a fun run, but I’ve got about 20 cases of dN still stored, so I’ve cellar defenders for years to come. The fun is gone anyway, so I haven’t even been looking at the dN emails lately, I just delete them unread. Who says you can’t break an addiction?

8 Likes

I opened my first 416 last night and was quite good. Very aromatic and I didn’t feel the 14.6%. It will improve over the next 3-5 as o could detect some light tannin but it’s Pinot, so still approachable. I’ll finish it tonight. A steal at the price!

for those looking for some “older” DN wine…over in the Commerce Corner I am selling a few bottles (sorry for the cross post, but not sure how many of you make it over the CC Sub forum).

If you buy 12 bottles I’ll pay for ground shipping

Region Vintage Varietal Label Price/Bottle Qty
Napa 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon De Negoce #40 $18.00 Qty 4
Napa 2018 Petite Sirah De Negoce #107 $24.00 Qty 6
Napa 2019 Petite Sirah De Negoce #179 $22.00 Qty 6
Sonoma 2018 Zinfandel De Negoce #61 $10.00 Qty 6

there are other non DN Daily drinkers here too: Updated Inventory: Cellar Thinning: Merry Edwards, Quivet, Scherrer, Tablas Creek, De Negoce, Austrian wines and others

1 Like