De Negoce offer (Part 2)

Easy pass for me too…
Many of these recent deals have been way too expensive compared to not long ago? What’s going on? I thought the CA bulk market was opening up?
Anyway, I think Cam is just testing the price sensitivity of his customers, and I will not play this game :joy:

And I also doubt he sold all the 600 cases already. This wine will likely make it to T2 and bottle shop at some point…

4 Likes

Aha, now we found the buyer! :joy: Did you by chance add 600 cases to your dN cart? Check if your credit card has a $180K charge :joy:

5 Likes

Does everyone believe he sold 600 cases of an unknown wine for a ridiculous price…I don’t…something fishy going on. makes zero sense

2 Likes

Perhaps just like he adds cases when the lot sells too quickly, Cameron may hold back a few when he wants to give the illusion of scarcity. Just a thought.

3 Likes

How many cases can fit in a reefer to Singapore?

4 Likes

A agree this feels like an outlier considering the “blend”/ price point /vague description to sell out this fast. It’s not what we usually see. Honestly the offer makes me respect cam more bc he could have taken the wine and told us it was “single vineyard from oakville with an elevation of 1500-3000 ft with a splash of Rutherford to supercharge it from $150 program” and we would have gobbled it up and none of us would have been the wiser but he seemed completely honest in the things he didn’t know.

there have been Napa lots that have been “ cam custom blends” (145 comes to mind) where he combined what seemed to the components of some smaller purchases. He could have done that with this wine but 145 was an entirely different price point. ($15/bottle I think) and it seems like he had to pay more for this one

One explanation I would see for the quick sell out is that there has been a drought of Napa valley cabs from dN for over a yr until The last few months and those have sold out very fast, primarily to “high volume purchasers” that inhabit this space and will Sometimes get the email an hour earlier. So the ppl joining in the last 18 months have been looking for a good Napa option(and missing out) and when most of us passed on 397 , there were thousands of other ppl ready to jump on their “ first Napa DN purchase”

Or cam could have learned his lesson and 397 will Soon become lot 401 with a different release details (kidding but adding to the conspiracy theories.)

7 Likes

He said he has 600 cases, he did not say he is selling 600 cases as futures.

8 Likes

I agree with all of the above sentiments about 397. Including the container to Singapore.
However, I do remember the amazingly fast sell outs of both Lots 321&322, 400- 500 cases each.
Faster than this one. That was way back in 2022. They Never made the BS (bottle shop).
Apparently, it can happen.
Will we see a #397-T2? Unsure, maybe?
Next offer please, Cameron. Thank you in advance.:kissing_heart:
:wine_glass::black_cat:

1 Like

Speaking of Mystery Wines, I’m reminded of #298, of which I expect good things! :wine_glass::wine_glass:
It’s still available in the bottom shop. Hmmm….

“This deal happened last February at a sidewalk cafe in the city of Bordeaux on a sunny but cold winter day. My winemaker friend met his winemaker friend, beers were had and a couple of bottles of dark red wine were exchanged. My inquiries were met with shrugged shoulders and a smile - no more information other than the appellation and final blend was forthcoming. Later on, after tasting the wine, I didn’t care, I had all I needed to know.”

T2 Unsure, maybe? Container to Singapore? Maybe? :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow. It will be interesting to see it hit the bottle shop. Passed as well. Need to expand storage…

1 Like

#298 is so painfully young right now, it’s virtually undrinkable. It’ll be a nice Bordeaux in 5-8 years. Try it no earlier than 2025 even for a baseline.

2 Likes

I’ve been around since Day 1 and I wouldn’t pay too much attention to “sold out” or “600 cases”. He regularly added cases when things sold out and I’m sure he took lots off the market before they sold out.

My guess is this sold poorly and he’s going to re-offer it after it wins some Gold competition somewhere.

I’m actually going to certainly buy at least 1 bottle of this in the bottle store cause now I have to try it. I bet it’s dope.

5 Likes

Yes, Cam has said a few times before about “allotments” of an inventory and times when he’s added to them when they sold better than expected. “Sold out” means the allotments sold out unless otherwise indicated (in my estimation).

2 Likes

Good point. And those wines are highly regarded with Ghost Block scoring a 94 recently. Thanks.

1 Like

If a store is sold out of something, it has sold all of it that it had… sorry that’s the meaning of sold out

That’s not Cameron’s definition of sold out with Futures.

4 Likes

Let’s call it sold out with a beard…

3 Likes

Ok, fun question. I am planning a blind Cabernet tasting with some friends and I want to slip in some DnG Cabs. I have lots 50, 59, 68, 145, 100 and 250 to choose from. Which two of the above six do I slip in? Thinking 50 and 68 since they are the oldest (2018s).

2 Likes
  1. 100 is a bit flabby, 50 isnt ready. 250 still needs more time.
7 Likes

I agree with Mikko on 68. While I agree with him that 250 could use more time, it is still a very nice wine and would do well with a long decent. 250 is drinking better than the other wines you listed. I have not had 59 though. Let us know how the tasting goes.