De Negoce offer (Part 2)

I don’t think many will be buying. I’m actually interested to see how this plays out over time. This is the first lot where I have had this feeling given the price point and description.

2 Likes

Farniente/Nickel and Nickel portfolio has vineyards at all of the ava’s aforementioned. Moreover, they are large with enough scale to peel of 600 cases of excess/surplus easily. Which other producer checks off all the boxes? I’m going to go out on a limb and state that this makes for a “juicy” offer if the producer is taking the extra steps to “mask” pretty much any and all information…

4 Likes

The wine is almost certainly amazing. Cam prices stuff based on a markup for a margin. If he’s selling this at this price point, he paid a lot for the wine. Coupled with the secrecy - it’s a winner. But doesn’t mean will sell fast.

3 Likes

I’m out this round as well. At that price point, there are plenty of generic good quality Napa cabs out there where you know the producer.

I bet this will be a frequent flyer on the discount cases and bottle shop deals in the future.

6 Likes

It is also a big price difference between buying a case versus a six pack.

1 Like

I bought a case of 397. Am I the only fanboy who did not sit this one out.
I will pop a bottle soon after receiving

7 Likes

Napa Wine Company - Custom Crush ? Owners are long time growers, and this lead me to the brands they produce under Bonded Winery N. 9, but with so little to go on this is only a wild guess. I’m passing this time around.

4 Likes

Watch it be the best dN of all time and you will be the only one to own it!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m sitting this one out as well.

1 Like

Add me to the “pass” column. At that price point I need more info as to provenance.

1 Like

Bet its @Cameron_Hughes just testing the market before he exits this ponzi scheme.

5 Likes

I mean, if that was the case, he would have done a much better job selling this one.

“I’m not allowed to say a thing about where it comes from, cause I don’t know, but I’m on my way to BURGER KING and WENDY’S and that’s the only hint I can give you!”

OR

“Retailing at $400-$500 a bottle, this is an absolute steal at $25-$30”

OR

It’s MACDONALD

6 Likes

Oh how the table turns: “ I’m guessing about 40% new French oak, mostly medium and medium+ toast was used here.”

Usually cam gets to sit in the position of power where he knows the “actual truth” while this forum guesses away. In this case winery can sit snickering at the how close or far cam is on his guesses. “Haha. He guesses 40% New French oak! he is so off”.

I do agree this feels paradoxical in the price/info ratio. Feels like 65% off for something that is so blinded seems a bit off (compared to what we have gotten used to). I agree with @MatthewT that the “In cam we trust” has been a good mantra in the past but the trusting sort of falls into a duel data source. People trust cams palate AND they trust his sourcing. (His connections, his knowledge of pedigrees of past vintages, etc)….this offer removes the second data point. I agree with Matt’s potential explanation that “the wine is so darn good that they worked extra hard to hide the source”….but also this could be “Prisoner”….not bad wine but not worth $30/bottle.

I was thinking I was going to have all cabs between 385-400 based on my recent buying record but looks like for now I’ll have a gap.

4 Likes

#397, hmmm…
I might have bit on a 6 pack? but, it’s a $4+/bottle premium to the full case.
6 pack is $179 offered vs. the $149.50 suggested retail (by me) price.
Have Fun & a very great day everyone!!!

3 Likes

397 was an easy pass for me. Too little info, too high a price.

3 Likes

No worries, #397 is gone!
Phew, That was very fast! 600 cases…in less than 7 hours?
Onward and upwards!!

4 Likes

Sheesh. Is there a different forum where they are extra good at guessing where they predicted the source reliably and that bought out 600 cases… I am interested to know the size of cams mailing list. Because that is a lot of cases to sell out that fast.

4 Likes

Cam’s mailing list is over 5 figures now I’m thinking, the “hard core” purchasers are on this thread as we all know. But his “bearded source” obviously know how well we sniff out the details on his offerings too. And I suspect this made some of us wary, others just wanted some fine Napa Cab minus the finer details. It’s OK, I’ve got a CELLAR full of past fine Napa Cab offerings- and heck others might not think they are “so fine”, but in the end, it’s up to me & the missus for that determination.

Cheers, Tim

7 Likes

LOL, shows what I know…

1 Like

Sheesh, is right.
i DO NOT “refer a Friend”!
Call me greedy…. :grin:
Past releases? #198 on deck for tonight.:wine_glass::wine_glass:

3 Likes