De Negoce offer (Part 2)

@Cameron_Hughes - while I am newer to this thread, I’ve bought enough from you now to warrant a request - I want you to find us a banging GSM blend from the westside of Paso! Hook a brother up!!!

6 Likes

I’m just curious if we get a little Fight Club scene where we start to wonder if Turk is Cameron or Cameron is Turk…

2 Likes

The ponzi arc would be Emmy worthy. And that episode where the winemaker says “no de negoce for you” until Luke Newton finds the NDA in an old armoire… gold.

2 Likes

Harry - thank you. And you will forever be invited to all platinum cult events going forward.

1 Like

In 2020 more than 1 person legitimately thought I either was Cameron or I worked/shilled for Cameron.

I’ve never met or spoken to Cameron in my entire life. I have emailed him though and he’s been nothing but gracious and helpful when needed the very few times I did.

3 Likes

If it ended up being a Ponzi, at least I wouldn’t have a wine storage problem.

4 Likes

While we are being sentimental, I’d like to bring y’all attention to post #20 of this 15K+ thread that that is now 3 yrs old. Of all the funny predictions this is the best. Matt, you got many things right but this one you absolutely missed on :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Famous first words.

4 Likes

Figured I would pitch in with some potential titles for what I can only assume would be a Netflix Original. Most of these could also double as Scooby-Doo / Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew subtitles

Grape-related:

• Chardonnay Conspiracy
  • The Pinot Ponzi
  • Merlot Mirage
  • Malbec Misdirection
  • The Cabernet Caper
  • Sauvignon Swindle (or Subterfuge / Scheme / Scandal)
  • Grenache Grift (/ Gambit)
  • Syrah Shenanigans
  • Shiraz Shakedown
  • The Prosecco Ploy
  • Riesling Racket
  • Zinfandel Zigzag

Not grape-related:

• Fermenting Fraud
  • The Cellar Scam
  • Sour Grapes and Secret Deals
  • The Vintage Betrayal
  • Bubbles and Betrayal
  • Aged in Deceit
  • Bottled Deception
  • Tannins of Temptation
  • Corkscrew Con
  • Tangled Vines, Twisted Minds
  • Vintage Vice
8 Likes

I am totally happy we can now select on who will be using for shipping. Nothing like coming back from travel and having FedEx say “Scheduled Delivery between 10-2” only for it to arrive at 8pm… Totally annoying when you get back from traveling and need to go to Costco to restock the kitchen.

2 Likes

Gotta have a Madoff reference.

3 Likes

Luke,
So we saw Matt go from “yeah I’ll prob pause” to getting a massive locker from San Diego Padres…he’s “hooked” on the cult.
Not sure how far behind his purchases I am, but my >3K bottle built in wine cellar has been revamped by de Negoce- maybe you could phrase it “overwhelmed” actually. And that’s just OK by my standards. Wife and I enjoy good quality wines at prices we never expected to pay for. Why I’m “hooked” also.

Cheers, Tim

5 Likes

In my days I’ve had more than my fair share of 5-10 year old Rieslings, but the opportunity to have some made in 1975 and 1986 was a special treat. I cannot believe how well they aged for that long. This is just a testament to how wonderful this varietal is for drinking both young and old in my humble opinion.

4 Likes

@Sc0tt_B - Don’t wait pop one this weekend. The nose on this beauty is worth the price of entry!

3 Likes

Yum, that #300 looks good enough to drink!
Triple Yum???
Thanks for the encouragement Marc!
Cheers :beers::clinking_glasses::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::yum:

I have not had any #200 yet. Any encouragement for #200???

+1 on this. N 239 may have been Paso and was great.

3 Likes

The Malbec Madoff: A Cameron Hughes Story

3 Likes

I’ve had Fedex reroute my last three half cases to a nearby Dollar General where I can pick up at my leisure (or 5 days, anyway) - seems to work fine.

2 Likes

And for context that post was after the release of dN lot 4. And technically @MatthewT prediction was contingent on the other. His prediction was that he would probably slow down (false prediction) or he would end up with too much wine (true prediction). So now I’d like to fact check him and assess his statement as “partially true, requires context”

3 Likes

If we nailed 50, then we nailed 82 as well fwiw.

3 Likes