De Negoce offer (Part 2)

On my pet peeve of glass, I like that the new mock-up picture is showing the new straight side bottle. Thanks, @Cameron_Hughes!

4 Likes

This is were my research led me too as well. VV wines are all $200+, and one of the AtelierMelka winemakers could be famous for Pinot. Haven’t chased that angle though. Does anyone have any specs on VV G3 from previous vintages? Does new oak and alcohol line up? Either way, bought a case when I really should have passed…

2 Likes

deNegoce should be like the Kennedy files. After 5 years or something, we should get to know the reveal. Not sure the harm years later.

2 Likes

haha…you think the actual Kennedy files were ever released?

5 Likes

I’m totally fine with you lying to us. Just release something. Maybe 5 years too soon. 10? 15? You should publish a book!

4 Likes

@Cameron_Hughes - can we expect any Memorial Day offers…?

Rieslings are often overlooked and one of my favorites. Everyone should strongly consider buying some lot # 345, it’s a crazy good value proposition. Did a serious tasting over the weekend.

8 Likes

I pulled this N 354 post T1 fish in the boat. This was on my wish list.

1 Like

OK - I can tell you guys that maybe you just about nailed everything between Lots 1 and 50…hows that?

I have long said that the 4 years of bank workout from 2012 to 2016 should be a book…but I know I have buried most of it in my brain and I imagine most of the emails have been wiped by now…who knows…

14 Likes

We bought more recently (20+ so far). Our group (south of Atlanta) loved it. It is a gem.

1 Like

In for a case of Riesling. Haven’t had Tim Adams Riesling before. It’s effectively the same price as in Australia, just delivered.

4 Likes

We also nailed a bunch between #300 and #350 (the foreign ones).
Not that it was very hard :wink:

1 Like

Cool, @Marc_Bonfante! And it ages indefinitely! How were the two oldies? We had a 1975 QbA not too long ago that was phenomenal! So I imagine this Auslese was just stretching its legs.

4 Likes

from thread one year ago… [quote]
Cameron ,stupid question …what percentages of the guesses on this board are correct?
[/quote]

Zero

1 Like

I said “maybe”

3 Likes

I figured it would make a nice Netflix show.

It opens with a Doogie Howser style journal entry of Cam writing the intro to the sales copy of a dN lot. It blends into a living wine story of the vineyard, maybe winemaking style, or how Cam seals the deal. There could be filler episodes about the warehouse or reefer deliveries. Maybe a Christmas episode about shipping.

It then fades out with Matt T writing a Berserker post about his lack of restraint. Scott B would probably take over the ending around season 3 after Matt quits in a dispute about the hospitality table.

It’s not squid games but, given the cult following, should trend.

7 Likes

“Maybe,” the T1 for #396 is over now? Nice one.
The only 6 pack that I paid more $ for:
#300 @ $265/6. Doh!
When do I try one of those 300’s???
Cheers & Congratulations to Cam!:beers::clinking_glasses::wine_glass:

2 Likes

It is getting better. It has definitely evolved. Not sure where it will be in a year…maybe we’ll show some restraint and keep a few.

1 Like

We worked so hard 1-50. We got 2-4 and that’s why you redacted it! I still don’t believe you though that we got most of them but I also think we did a really good job.

2 Likes

There would be an entire season on the haters during year 1. Some of you newbies have no idea what went on in the (Part 1) thread during 2020. I was even accused of being a bad father by someone!

1 Like

Matthew …From the very beginning you were and will always be The Grand Poobah of this thread.You did more to sell and hype Cameron’s wine than anyone. Good work

5 Likes