🄳 **CHAMPAGNE** BONDLE - French Wine Magnums

20% off these and all magnums. Today (Monday 5/29) only:
https://www.winex.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Bondle

1 Like

Love the review! Did you pair it with food?

The red is drinking really well right now as we are down to a few cases left of this cuvee. :sweat_smile:
We’re sad to see it go but we have some great new wines arriving from France within the next two weeks.

Yes, burgers & hot dogs :saluting_face: (and a smoked prawn salad on the same brioche hot dog buns). Went with everything and even cabernet franc haters drank it up, lol

Nice! Might just have to re-up while I have the chance. Next up, likely the carignan and blanc :cheers:

Went to a couple of parties this weekend & down go:

2021 White blend from Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence by La Mongestine with fried chicken & mac n cheese.

2020 Orange/Skin-Contact Carignan Blanc by Les Terres Promises with a classic seafood tower, uni, and poke.

Both have been winners and have been very easy to love by winos and non alike. I think that’s been the best part so far and the magnum format is perfect!

Hahaha, the minion is killing me! :joy: :joy: :skull:

Both wines are aging well. The white blend is gaining more depth while still being an easy summer wine. The Carignan Blanc is a favorite amongst certain circles and a head-turner at wine festivals. Initially, it’s a little funky in the bouquet but on the palate, it has a medium body, dry and balanced.

Did you open the Carignan yet? It’s been at least 6 months since I’ve tried it. Maybe I’ll open a bottle next weekend.

You know, people that aren’t wine geeks – let alone orange wine geeks – kept going back to this. It’s clean and complex without being funky or mousy. I think the beer/cider allusion is apt. I would open it for similar situations.

It might’ve been the fried chicken talking, but it’s probably tied for my favorite along with the Chinon.

Still have the carignan & champagne to open. It’s like Christmas all year :grin:

NV Champagne by Monial - (1.5L ABV 12.5%)
Dunno what it is, but another beautiful evening in Eagle Rock and more Bondle to share with close friends! I didn’t want to think too hard about what was in the glass, but damn this was good. Crisp, clean citrus flavors and drinking extremely well right now. The dosage is so deftly applied. I can’t believe it has 10g/L. I was wondering about a comp at the time but left it for another day. Now thinking about it, it’s kind of like Roederer Brut Premier, just a sneaky good champagne that really (over)delivers. I think I’m in for a restock this fall.

I can finally say I have!

Let me say, it is Racy with a capital R. It’s almost as enamel-stripping as a valdeguiĆ© I had out of tank once that was supposed to be used for blending. I’m trying it again a couple of days later, and I love the nose – cherry cola, a bit of Pimm’s, iodine, black pepper, and tiger balm (lol). It almost drinks like a white wine – I’m actually wishing for some grilled salmon or my dad’s mussels with ginger and green onion :drooling_face:. I think it will improve with cellaring, otherwise give it some air.

Wanna say thank you again for putting your wines out there on BerserkerDay. It’s really nice to have wines of character, and whenever I want to open one, I can count on it to be good. Cheers!

I love that you opened the champagne towards the end of the lineup. This one is hard to keep in stock as we’ve sold out 5x but we are getting a new shipment which should arrive at the end of September. We started carrying a Brut Nature from the same grower and when I’m in the mood for a crisper champagne on a hot, SoCal day, it hits the spot. However, there’s something about this Brut that always pulls me back and I’ll ā€œforgetā€ how good it is sometimes.

Tiger balm!! I’m gonna look for this next week as we are doing a wine pairing with Holbox. It will be paired with their braised and fried, taco de pulpo. :drooling_face:

We appreciate your in-depth review of the wines!! Thank you for the live updates and all of the support! Cheers mate!

Oh, shoot! That sounds great!

I can believe that about the champagne. I think it’s a great play, especially in magnum :muscle:. Nice move with the extra brut. Will have to try it! Do you have as base year on that?

Salut!

They’ve been busy with harvest so she finally got back to me on this question. The new shipment base year is 2021 for both the brut and brut nature.

Here are the photos they sent. Unfortunately, we couldn’t make it this year but it’s the plan for 2024. :muscle:







1 Like

Thank you! Will be fun to try!
Beautiful shots, BTW :clap::clap:

How did it work out?

It was a blast. The best pairing of the night was the braised and fried octopus, calamari ink sofrito with the 2017 Carignan.

The Santa Barbara uni and halibut ceviche with our new 2021 Chenin Blanc was pretty baller too. I could eat there every week. Have you been?

Yum, I can almost taste the carignan, lol.
Haven’t been yet – as I heard there isn’t usually BYO :wink: – but that all looks great! I especially get weak for uni in the shell :drooling_face: