đŸ„ł **CHAMPAGNE** BONDLE - French Wine Magnums

Thank you to the entire WineBerserker Community and tasters who supported us on our first BerserkerDay. We had no idea what to expect and it was so much fun! Orders from Wine Exchange will be mailed out this week(unless you asked them to hold it) while orders in California will be delivered starting March 1st. Please email me at duyen@bondlewines.com if you need any further assistance. :heart:

Thank you to Todd, Siun, Patrick, and Brig for all of their hard work and effort in putting this together. We’re new to this community and I love reading how friendly and encouraging everyone is.

!
My name is Duyen, and I’m a chef turned wine importer. I went to culinary school in Paris and stayed there for three and a half years to work at Michelin-starred restaurants such as ArpĂšge***, Mirazur***, and Frenchie*. I dreamed of being a wine importer early in my culinary career as I wanted to import great wines from France to my restaurant. When France went through its second lockdown, I knew I needed to make a career change. I brought on my now husband, Mehdi as a partner and also my friend Virginie. Virginie’s family has owned a vineyard in Provence for seven generations and whom received her sommelier degree at LycĂ©e HĂŽtelier Tain l’Hermitage in RhĂŽne.

Why magnums only?
Bigger is better when it comes to wine. Magnums are perfect for sharing with your friends and family, and they’re the ideal size for aging due to the wine-to-air ratio. Both champagne, and still wines, taste noticeably better in a magnum as its size allows for the perfect expression of the wine to come through. In addition, I believe in the art of generosity and hospitality. To us, magnums are the perfect gift and represent a symbol of community.

Why did we create our own brand?
Younger generations are sadly drinking less wine. As a millennial, I notice that my peers are more likely to consume beverages that aren’t wine, possibly because wine can be a little daunting for the average American. We wanted to create our own labels that were visually appealing but also contained high-quality, delicious wines. The brand is approachable, giving lots of helpful details on the back label describing tasting notes, pairings, and winemaker details–a bridge from the old wine world to a curious demographic of wine drinkers.

Todd’s Champagne Review:

Geoff’s Carignan Review:

Notable Clients | Anajak Thai | Cassia | Petit Trois | The Georgian Hotel |

Press | Forbes Interview | Insidehook | LA Times | Alcohol Professor

Offers

Enjoy % off on each magnum of wine, there is no minimum order size:

• NV Champagne by Monial - (1.5L ABV 12.5%)

• 2017 Red Carignan from Roussillon by Olivier Pithon - (1.5L ABV 13%)

• 2021 White blend from Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence by La Mongestine - (1.5L ABV 12%)

• 2021 RosĂ© blend from CĂŽtes de Provence by La Navicelle - (1.5L ABV 12.5%)

• 2020 Orange/Skin-Contact Carignan Blanc by Les Terres Promises - (1.5L ABV 13%)

• 2021 Red Ungrafted Cabernet Franc from Loire by Domaine De L’R - (1.5L ABV 12%)

Gift! The first xx customers will get custom designed tote to carry your magnums in style :hugs:

Ordering

• If you are in California, please order via this
  • If you are outside of California please order with our partner, Wine Exchange:

If you have any questions or struggle to put your order online, you can send me an email duyen@bondlewines.com

Shipping

Orders will ship out starting March 1st.

• For orders in California, a flat rate of $15 is applied for any order size. You will receive your package in 1-3 days.
  • For orders outside California, our partner Winex.com shipping policy is applied.
    To give you an idea, below are the rates per order size and region:

We currently cannot ship to these states: Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Utah, Kentucky, North Dakota, Illinois, Iowa & Pennsylvania.

Details about the wines
All of these cuvées are made by winemakers who grow their own grapes.

1. Champagne by Monial Cellier Aux Moines in Colombé-le-Sec / Non Vintage blend of Pinot Noir (90%) & Chardonnay (10%)

A bold and exceptionally effervescent champagne that’s steeped in history. The vineyard was planted in the 16th century as an addition to the 12th-century underground cellar. Gorgeous Romanesque arches and rib vaulting gesture to its grand origin. With their larger surface area, magnums have more room for the yeast to create a bubblier, more complex, and elegant champagne.

• 12 months maturation on lees
  • Dosage 10g/L
  • Disgorgement 01.27.2022
  • 4 Hectares.

2. Red by Olivier Pithon, IGP CĂŽtes Catalanes / 2017 Carignan

WB Exclusive - This wine from our first collection is reserved for selected restaurant accounts only.
Discover a rare gem. It’s not every day that you come across a pure Carignan wine from low-yield 100-year-old vines grown on the distinct terroir of a limestone plateau. Hand-harvested, organic, and biodynamic, this medium-bodied wine is a real crowd-pleaser. Concentrated notes of red fruit meld with licorice and spice to create an incredibly silky and refined finish. Rich in umami and with an approachable earthiness, it’s a great accompaniment to roast duck, grilled lamb, eggplant parmesan, and dark chocolate.

3. White by Domaine La Mongestine, AOP Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence / 2021 Blend of Rolle, Sauvignon, Grenache Blanc, Clairette

Founded on organic farming principles, Domaine de la Mongestine stands apart as a true rarity in Coteaux d’Aix en Provence, a region known for mass-produced and standardized wines. Rows are planted on clay and limestone soils of some of the highest North facing slopes in the appellation, reaching up to 450 meters. The nutritious soils allow for a longer maturation process that preserves the freshness of the grapes and their acidity. Aging takes place in inert tanks and amphora, where micro-oxygenation results in a fresh and fruit-forward white wine.

4. Rosé Domaine La Navicelle, AOP CÎtes de Provence / 2021 Blend of Grenache, Tibouren, MourvÚdre

This rosé originates from vineyards nestled in the exquisite climate of the Mediterranean. The delicate, floral sweetness of honeydew and peaches is pleasantly balanced by flavors of aromatic spices. La Navicelle has a 20 hectares vineyard located in between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains.

5. Orange (Skin-Contact) by Les Terres Promises, IGP Sainte Baume / 2020 Carignan Blanc

Made with a single varietal of Carignan Blanc grapes macerated for 6 months in concrete and aged for 1 year in foudre. It combines toasty notes of cider with stone fruit and herbs, best enjoyed with luscious, creamy, and nutty dishes. This cuvée is made by Domaine Les Terres Promises, a small organic winery in the back country of Provence, France at an altitude of 400 meters. Carignan Blanc grapes are known to be a difficult variety to work with, but winemaker Jean-Christophe makes it look easy with exceptionally tasting wines.

6. Red by Domaine De L’R in Loire, AOP Chinon / 2021 Ungrafted Cabernet Franc

Made with 100% Cabernet Franc, ungrafted vines, this red wine drinks incredibly smooth while refreshing the palette with a burst of ripe red berries. Domaine de I’R runs along the picturesque Vienne river in the region of Chinon, the heart of Cabernet Franc country. Founded in 2007 by FrĂ©dĂ©ric Sigonneau, the young winery quickly climbed the ranks to become a top producer of Cabernet Franc. The popularity of his wines is no surprise, as the estate has raised the bar for what Carnet Franc can offer through its sincere attention to taste and quality.

About us
My husband, Virginie, and I began sourcing BONDLE’s wines on a three-month trip through France. The wines we were focused on are made by small family vineyards organic/biodynamic producers using ethical and sustainable practices.

We launched BONDLE in December 2021, and we moved from Paris to Los Angeles to be closer to our customers. Our goal has been to present smaller wineries and vineyards that do not have typically distribution in a fun format for everyone to enjoy. While the start of any new company is never smooth and easy, it’s been incredibly rewarding to be able to support small vineyards when sourcing our wines.

What is the style of our wines?
At BONDLE, we’re after two things: organic/biodynamic farming and winemaking practices resulting in wines that would make you rethink the definition of “natural wines.” Our wines have a more traditional palette. They’re easy enough to drink on their own, and they pair greatly with food. This is why sampling hundreds of bottles was absolutely necessary and using my chef’s palette mixed with Virginie’s sommelier’s knowledge was essential in this process.

Ordering

• If you are in California, please order via this
  • If you are outside of California please order with our partner, Wine Exchange:

If you have any questions or struggle to put your order online, you can send me an email duyen@bondlewines.com

The champagne is incredible. Highly recommend. $84 for a mag sounds like a lot of fun

3 Likes

Thanks @davidkong :hugs: You know we are BIG fans of Glasvin!!

3 Likes

I had the pleasure of tasting the 2017 Carignan (Wine #2) as part of the Monopole CrĂŒ member ‘Newbie taster’ (received the wine for free)

This wine is classic Carignan with hints of cherry and cranberry. The wine on the lighter side but still bright and went well with the rabbit cacitore. Even though it has some bottle age on it already this still drank young and I expect it to evolve over the next few years.

Definitely worth it for $77 :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thanks for the great review, Geoff!

Olivier Pithon is one of our beloved winemakers and he’s a true lover of magnums. For this particular cuvĂ©e, the wines were only bottled in magnums and it was initially intended for a Canadian importer but the relationship fell through due to covid. We happened to come at the perfect time and snagged all of them- 300 bottles.

There is a handful left which we reserved for BerserkerDay. $77 fo this wine is a total steal.

2 Likes

Another opportunity arose for me in this ‘too many newbies, not enough Monopole CrĂŒ volunteer tasters’ (can you imagine not having enough people volunteering to taste free wine and comment on it, HERE?) I stepped in on this offer as well, particularly as it was more last minute and my proximity (in CA) allowed for fast shipping and delivery, and Duyen sent me the magnum of Champagne.

I hadn’t planned to open it, as I’m all alone while my wife is helping family in North Carolina, but it’s freakin’ BerserkerDay so I had to jump in and open a mag of bubbles by my lonesome (well, my 17-year old son is here, but he doesn’t count!) with my cedar plank salmon for dinner.

At first, the dosage (10g/l) really stuck out to me, it came across quite sweet - while still Brut, people like @Frank_Murray_III have steered me into Extra Brut and Brut Nature/Zero Dosage wines, particularly from the growers, so my tastes have migrated there quite a bit, and I can find ‘dry’ Champagnes to be sweet for my palate.

With just a touch of air, this wine fleshed out rather well, however - brioche, green apple, nice mousse texture, and really hit its balance - I got lemon peel and lemon curd, the acidity came through nicely. Many Brut Champagnes, to me, start to get ‘musky’ as they lower in temperature a bit - this one does not. No cheesy finish at all, staying crisp, minerally, and citrus-focused. For $84 it’s a great wine that will please the crowds (as who doesn’t want a magnum of Champagne at a party?) and also the wine geeks like me (or you other Berserkers, anyway!)

1 Like

@ToddFrench I’m happy you decided to open the champagne! Anajak and Petit Trois are serving it by the glass and they both told me that it’ll last 3-4 days if you have a great wine stopper. An open magnum of champagne does not last that long in my house so I wouldn’t know.

I was introduced to this producer by my two sommelier friends who work at Four Horsemen when they were visiting me in Paris. During that dinner, I got an email that my work visa to stay in France was approved. This is an incredibly hard visa to obtain as you imagine, the competition is stiff for chefs.

Nicole ordered this bottle and I was blown away instantly. I took a photo of the label and left it at that.

A year later, I founded BONDLE and when it was time to reach out to winemakers, they were the first on my list.

It’s a tiny vineyard, 4 hectares in ColombĂ©-le-Sec and we’re their exclusive importer in the US. They only make 2000 of these magnums a year and we get all of them. We sold out 3x and I have a feeling we’ll sell out at the end of this BerserkerDay.

Thanks again for trying it!!

1 Like

With the stress of the day thus far I figured I’d skip my workout and day-drink instead - enjoying more of this wine now with leftovers for lunch. Gaining more texture on the palate, more stony/rocky mineral character as well

2 Likes

Thanks for the order, @Bryan_Kandel ! The carignan is a fantastic wine!

2 Likes

Sounded fun - looking forward to sharing it with friends!

2 Likes

Haha! Not a bad idea at all

2 Likes

Couldn’t wait to order these after seeing your offer in the prelaunch forum
 in for a White Blend and Carignan!

2 Likes

Thanks for the order, @Aalok_Patel ! The rosĂ© is the low-key banger in this collection. An unexpected fan favorite especially for the fall-winter season. Can’t wait for you to try them!

1 Like

Great choices, Charles! Thank you for the support :smiling_face:

Great find indeed!

3 Likes

Well shoot, @DuyenHa and @ToddFrench, with such love from the champagne guru, may I grab 2 mags of the champagne?

3 Likes

Do it

Damn skippy, Robert! Maybe we can share one soon!

3 Likes

I have you down for 2 magnums of champagne! Thanks, Robert!

1 Like