Cabot Sparkler - whoa

• 2014 Cabot Vineyards Blanc de Blanc Brut Zero Anderson Valley - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (3/19/2023)
    First look at this Brut Zero from Cabot. Pop n pour at cellar temp (48°). Spring flowers, green apple skin and wet stones on the nose. Lemon lime, great body with more green apple and brioche. There’s a sweetness to the fruit that rounds the palate out really well. Acid lovers unite! The finish builds and builds to a mouthwatering crescendo. I echo @brigcampbell note that hands down this is the best Domestic sparkler I’ve ever tasted and it’s not even close. Our notes are pretty carbon copy too. Eerily so.

Posted from CellarTracker

6 Likes

I have such serious doubts this is, in fact, a domestic sparkler, I’ve taken to pronouncing this “cuh-boe”

2 Likes

So from July, 2014 until January 20, 2017 the US Embassy Berne was regularly pouring both Cabot Pinot and Syrah. (I personally imported 40 cases of Cabot while my wife was serving as our US Ambassador, and these were our two house reds.) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s amazing Eric!!

Fortunately i found a solution with Astrid. Unfortunately we cannot meet this time. My schedule doesn’t permit it, but she will pass by my broker and leave the bottles to them.

I’ll taste the wine with my group once i have it delivered by my broker.
Who knows, maybe i’ll import some cases from John as well if we can create some volume.

Cheers

2 Likes

IMG_20230319_201738

2 Likes

Hopefully these will be at Falltacular this weekend? Would love to try….

1 Like

They will and look forward to seeing you again.

1 Like

There’s no such thing as FOMO
:berserker:

2 Likes

And there will be a Georgia Rose sighting too!!!

1 Like

Hardly the first time, but this board has played the role of enabler on this.
Ordered a three pack, which hopefully will be in my hands soon, bundled with all the other goodies I purchased on Berserker Day.:laughing:

Not for me anymore. This time.:sunglasses:

I need a Tuite like cellar add on to keep buying wine in any quantities about now.

3 Likes

Even more reasons to see if I can make it, assuming any space remains.

I thought I read somewhere there are only 2 cases left for sale in the entire world. You may want to move fast on this one or miss out!

2 Likes

John said he made 4200 bottles/350 cases and there is plenty left for purchase.

3 Likes

Purchased a 3-pack. Looking forward to trying these. Great and quick communication from John.

1 Like

I should have added a sarcastic smiley emoji…I was trying to increase FOMO to prompt more orders by creating a sense of limited supply!

2 Likes

Paging Craig G…

I was wondering. :disguised_face:

3 Likes

I’m suffering from FONGE! :grinning:

I’ve upped my order twice already…