BerserkerDay 14 Master Thread/FAQ - our 14th Event! Jan 27, 2023

So, just some more free advice…

There is often a persistent caravan of UPS and FedEx drivers dropping packages at your door requesting a signature.

Tip these folks with a bottle of something, I’m on a first name basis with most of them. They will make sure your shipments are delivered.

Most important, when your significant other notices said caravan, the best and most aloof response is “i wasn’t expecting this today”. Don’t give anything more.

10 Likes

The Guanciale is phenomenal!!! I was lucky enough to taste through there line for Newbiepalooza.

5 Likes

What is the name of this winery?

6 Likes

That was some good stuff

5 Likes

Prior to B-Day, one must become familiar with the dark art of redirecting shipments to pickup locations.

6 Likes
1 Like

Thank you for posting this. Just joined the FB group!

2 Likes

the FB group doesn’t have much action (as I shut down all the spam) but it works great for major announcements from here

2 Likes

Isn’t it about time for the annual reading of Twas the Night Before Berserker Day…

2 Likes

Twas the Night Before Berserker Day
And all through the house
My lap top was on
And I was avoiding my spouse

8 Likes

Credit cards were placed by the laptop with care,
Hoping chances to use them, soon would be there

1 Like

5 Likes

My spouse was fitfully tossing in bed
Knowing preview offers were filling my head

1 Like

Also called “ship to work.” So much easier to get a funny stare from the mail room guy than the significant other :joy:

4 Likes

Spring and Fall cause concerns at both work and home. I split the shipments to spread the shame equally.

3 Likes

I must be one of the lucky ones. My wife shares my interest in wine and looks forward to drinking Berserker Day buys, along with all the other wines I purchase throughout the year. And I wouldn’t having it any other way.

4 Likes

same here–really appreciate our relative good fortune!

4 Likes

Absolutely! The jowl bacon is awesome. It took us a few months of purchases and website searches but we finally got the duck breast prosciutto. #OMG

1 Like

Last time I got a wine delivery, my wife and I were away and my son answered the door. The guy had a case of wine and my son says, “Oh no, more wine.” The guy looks crestfallen as though he were delivering wine to an alcoholic. My son realizes immediately, opens the door to show another seven cases in the foyer, and says, “No, my dad does not have have a drinking problem, he has a buying problem.” They guy laughs and delivers another case.

8 Likes

Oh she absolutely partakes in the enjoyment of these purchases…”the look” stems entirely from the fact that we’re storing 400+ bottles, I’ve added a second wine refrigeration unit, and we live in a major city :joy:

5 Likes