BerserkerDay 14 Master Thread/FAQ - our 14th Event! Jan 27, 2023

Oh she absolutely partakes in the enjoyment of these purchases…”the look” stems entirely from the fact that we’re storing 400+ bottles, I’ve added a second wine refrigeration unit, and we live in a major city :joy:

5 Likes

From my wife:

“Now, Riesling! now, Claret now, Grenache and Syrah!
On, Napa on Pinot on, Bordeaux and Merlot!
To the top of the racks! To the stacks on the floor!
Now charge away! charge away! charge away all!”

7 Likes

Really hoping to order Kelley Fox pinot on BD.

3 Likes

Just received the email from Erica Orr, glad to see her signed up again for the fest!

5 Likes

Here is the snip from Erica,

4 Likes

So it’s this week?

Rich - Sound advice on the tipping of delivery guys - long been my custom…

Also - no way your wife is not onto you… just saying :grin: :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve turned down nearly two dozen (if not more - 5 today alone!) sellers already for this event…next year’s BerserkerDay will likely be ‘audition-based’ - will need to choose offers based on a number of factors, as the popularity among sellers is too great at this point. Again the idea of two BerserkerDays will be tossed around, but I’m still not into that, for the same reasons I have mused on in the past.

Better to just make it the best single event of the year :slight_smile:

Bring your wallets, folks…the competition is fierce this year!

18 Likes

And one from JB Neufeld!

2 Likes

The state of Washington is about to go full “Oregon” for BD14.

There are some very exciting offers.

Washington has always been a highly requested area by Berserkers and very popular on Berserkerday.

Expect more of the same for BD14

5 Likes

(speaking of Oregon…)

Oh boy…one of the Monopole Cru-only offers just showed up in my inbox…it’s AWESOME. I’ll probably be posting those in the Monopole Cru forum on Preview Day.

9 Likes

And I just got the details on another one! Grower Champs, bunch of French stuff in a ‘blow my f’ing socks off’ 6-pack (and it’s awesome), another French combo pack…

3 Likes

That only means you need offsite storage.

6 Likes

And with that, you sucked me in!

2 Likes

you won’t be disappointed…

4 Likes

Any sense of when the preview day forums will open? Trying to schedule the work day…

2 Likes

around 7:30 am Pacific, but remember you have the whole day, not as hectic as the day after!

2 Likes

Man! I have to go get my friend at the airport when this all starts. He is about to be told to uber

Although I guess I can wait until 2-3pm est

2 Likes

last few years has been library releases! fingers crossed for another one!

1 Like

So help a newbie out: How exactly does purchasing work on BerserkerDay? My understanding is that different offers are staggered throughout the day (rather than all becoming available at say 8AM). Do you have to be sitting there with your finger on the mouse when a sale goes live in order to get in on it, or is there generally enough inventory that a particular deal doesn’t get sold out immediately?

I guess I’m asking how hectic of a day this is going to be. Is this the wine equivalent of crowds rushing the doors of Best Buy at midnight on Black Friday, or are things a little more relaxed? I’m just not sure what to expect.