✨ Bennuaine /// Hand-Blown European Titanium Crystal Stemware

Thanks @BryanG! I feel like you’re just trolling @ToddFrench at this point.

I’m partial to whiskey of any kind, cognac, or armagnac.

2 Likes

No kidding, I’m outta here.

@Chris_Crutchfield the promotions are really just a way for me to tease @ToddFrench and see what I can get away with before he kicks me off the site

1 Like

Somehow missed this offering during Berserker day but glad to see the offer still open for the BD Pack and just ordered one. I’m just scared how much I might like these and not know what to do with the dozens of Glencairns I’ve stocked up through the years.

these will go well with the berserker cognac cask pick!

1 Like

haha, I only discovered this offer from the cognac cask pick thread!

1 Like

There were so many good offers!

Juggling, target practice, mini flower pot, etc

1 Like

Samples are getting packed right now and sent out to the giveaway winners!

Russell’s Reserve is a banger, for sure. Well done!

1 Like

My samples arrived safe and sound and I’m looking forward to trying them from the new stemware when that arrives.

Thank you!

Late to the party, but did order the Berserker bundle. Will be using them as well for beer. I have a couple friends that we meet and brew every couple weeks. Everyone one brings 2 or 3 rare beers to try amongst the 3 of us. These glasses look perfect for 2-5 oz pours.

I’ll also take them with to a fantastic old bar with a great whiskey list in Deadwood, their stemware is atrocious though.

@Brian_Lip0wski - Glad they got there safe. Enjoy!!

@BrennanH - Excellent! I love you’re using them for beer. In a very weird yet ultimate Berserker mashup, I actually drank The Bruery’s Yount tonight in a bottle share. Black Tuesday stout fermented on de-stemmed Napa Cab grapes. 15% ABV. Was a little confused when it was cold, but at room temp it was almost like a fresh bourbon barrel aged tawny port. Very fun and always a treat to have a rare beer like this.

Looking forward to getting my bundle! Was kinda hoping it’d arrive before I leave for an extended work trip next week so I could use the carrying case, but I guess that’s the supply chain for ya!

Hey everyone! Hope you’ve started to crack open all your BD loot.

Just wanted to give a quick update… The travel cases are running a bit behind on production, so we’re looking at March delivery.

The reason is slightly silly, but there was an issue with the zippers, and while it was not a huge problem, it was more than I was comfortable with for the quality I want to provide.

Other than that, everything else is good. I think you’ll find they’re worth the wait, but if you’re uncomfortable with the delay and would like a refund, just shoot me a message.

Cheers!

PS: Here’s a photo of the upgraded zipper hardware. A physically small detail, but the larger puller is chunky, feels great, and makes the case easier to open.

PPS: Here’s a photo of the pallet of stems that’s air-freighted

1 Like

What’s the expected ship date for the stems if we didn’t order the case?

I will need to e-mail you an address change if it’s past mid-March, as our office is moving.

Probably the week of March 6. You’ll get your glasses before the office move!

Grabbed a couple more glasses for my FIL; any update on when the berserker packs will ship?

Glasses and cleaning cloths are shipping out today and tomorrow.

The carrying cases for the bundle got an update that has slowed production, but will definitely make for a safer product. I may have broken one of my own glasses by picking up an open/unzipped case that had a glass in it… which then fell out onto concrete. Doh. :man_facepalming: They will now have elastic straps for securing the glasses in place. My apologies for not catching that (literally and figuratively) sooner!

1 Like

Ok, my review of these stems: tasted with the samples included in the package

First the Russell’s Reserve - the Glencairn gave off nothing but ethanol, that’s literally it. Bennuaine gave off a bunch of cinnamon, slate/stone, caramel,bit of sweet toasty oak - more of a nose than I’d ever had in a Russell’s Reserve. Added a few drops of water as well after initial sniff, as I always do with high proof whiskey. (Not a whiskey known for its complex nose, and at 110 proof, needs some water) The lip definitely takes some getting used to, but it seems to deliver a smoother/silkier mouthfeel on the whiskey - actually, quite clearly so, which is interesting.

Pulteney ‘Hunter Laing Old and Rare’ 18 year Scotch - the Glencairn is giving me a bit of salty peat, some ocean spray, but ethanol if I swirl it - nose is sharp, biting. The Bennuaine is an entirely different monster - oyster shell, sweet frosting, peat is much lighter but more floral, rotting wood/forest floor/moss - really love the florals on this. Another soft delivery from this glass - the finish sharpens pretty noticeably, making me think that the glass literally improves the whiskey, as nose to initial hit on palate is complex, soft, and rewarding, then the high ABV kicks in a bit until the finish where the complexity again emerges.

I hate gimmicky shit - this is no gimmick. It’s for REAL, for all the best whiskeys you have, the special occasion stuff, to be sure.

I had to delay shipping on mine due to an office move, but looking forward to getting them next week, just in time to test them on a dram of Sarah’s “Rites of Passage” 17 yo Williamson Islay. :cheers:

1 Like