2013 Marcassin Pinot Letter

Mailed my letter a little over a week ago after they sent it to the house I lived in 2 houses ago. Got an email last night they are shipping my bottles on 11/7/22.

1 Like

This was my first time getting an allocation. How often does Marcassin typically release wine? Is it usually twice/year?

It’s more like whenever they feel like they want to do…

1 Like

I see you posted in this other thread, but you may want to look at it again. It a good illustration of the randomness of Marcassin releases.

Marcassin - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

1 Like

I am a new buyer too. Seems totally erratic how they release wines. But the letter did say there would be a 14 release this spring.

2 Likes

Hey. I got my offer letter end of December and mailed the check. They said they would match my checks as I mailed too little for shipping and process my order and wine would ship after the new year. They have still not cashed my check. Did they cash yours for the 2013 Pinot noir

3 Likes

They are notoriously slow in doing so. If they asked you to write a second check to make up the difference, my guess is you are in.

3 Likes

They did qualify with as long as supplies last but I guess they wouldn’t waste their time saying it if they weren’t going to fulfill. I guess you are right they are just slow.

1 Like

I joined the waitlist ~ 2 years ago and was also offered the 2013 pinot which I received today.

Thanks to this group who had me prepared for the odering process… It prepared me!

I also don’t live where Marcassin ships but they were helpful in offering alternate options. I went with Crown Wine Shipping.

Crown was great to work with and deserve a shout out. If you are in a similar position please don’t hesitate to work with Crown.

1 Like

Thanks for this. You received the wine already? Where do you live? They told me thanks for your patience while we process your order and will provide shipping details next month.

1 Like

For the pursposes of my order with Marcassin, my shipping address was Crown’s address in Healdsberg.

Crown received my order on 1/24.

Hopefully, you’ll get yours soon as well.

Baby steps. They dashed my check but I am on the east coast so I’m expecting it next month as that is what they indicated before cashing my check saying thanks for your patience while we profess your
Order and will provide you tracking and shipping info next month! Wonderful news!

What other wineries are you on the list for?

I’m not on many other lists… but I do regularly purchase Pinots from the following wineries in Oregon and thoroughly enjoy them:

*Patricia Green
*Beaux Freres
*Hope Well

1 Like