2013 Marcassin Pinot Letter

FYI,

The 2013 Pinot offer just arrived in the mail…

2 Likes

I posted this in the 2013 Chard thread, so I’ll put it here as well.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I’m in TX, so probably won’t receive the letter until a few days from now. What did your allocation look like?

1 Like

12 bottles…

1 Like

Same as Darrell, 12 bottles.

1 Like

Thanks. Pricing steady from last releases or was there an increase?

1 Like

Shay,

Prices stayed the same as previous vintages…$150 but not surprisingly shipping cost per bottle went up.

3 Likes

Shipping is among the highest I’ve seen.

got the offer for 12 and sent in the check for 12. however it seems like 12 is not a guaranteed allocation

2 Likes

Anyone know a reasonable shipper?
I used Buffalo Shipping Post last year. 2nd day was over $400 for a case with terrible communication.
Thanks
Ken

2 Likes

Just received tonight in NYC. Allocation of 12 bottles. Missed out the on the 13 chards by not being home and sending in the letter too late. Should have better odds this time around it seems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They finally direct ship to FL so that’s a plus.

2 Likes

Just got mine today! They allocated a lot of bottles for the 2013 Pinots.

Seconding the request for a reasonable wine shipper, as I’m outside the states where they ship directly.

it was interesting that they went larger allocations (12) vs 6 plus send a check for an additional 6 if you want them. I assume that means more people not receiving wine than previously. I hope my check gets in under the window

1 Like

Sounds like if you skip a release you don’t get kicked off the list?

To close the loop on this, Crown Wine Shipping is located near Marcassin and is shipping to me at a reasonable rate: https://www.crownwineshipping.com/

1 Like

I passed on the last Chardonnay release because they no longer ship to Virginia and, mainly, the cost of shipping.

Happy for direct shipping Florida!
Also happy you have found a reasonable shipper!

2 Likes

anyone have a check clear yet?

1 Like