Zoom Event With Brad Baker & Cedric Mousse of Mousse Fils--4/25 @ 1PM ET

Frank/Brad - please let Cedric know how much his time and passion is appreciated! Thanks for being part of it Brad!

+1
Fun event.

That was TREMENDOUS! I want to watch the video again, need to soak it all up. Should be processed and posted shortly, but for those who missed, you’ll want to see it

Thanks everyone. Nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. champagne.gif

So informative. True story — Todd went into the Zoom thinking they made hairstyling products.

A pleasure to participate in this. Job well done by all! Thanks.

Our thanks to Frank, Brad, Cedric, and Todd for a Great, fun, educational, and pleasantly distracting event!. We enjoyed a bottle of Cedric’s Mon Village nature, so nice to share with other meunier fanatics!

That was so much fun, god did I need that, too.

The piece about Cedric being in the vineyards on that Segway was bad ass, and all his idea. When he connected before the event started, he was already in Les Varrosses, which is the Chardonnay plan that is at the top of the slope. When I see the mobile chicken coop with the solar panels on it, I knew we were in for some legit fun. And Brad was able to reframe and color in the various parts of the discussion, which was really effective.

We had just over 40 people on. For me, that’s a huge win. I know many of you know Brad, and trust his experience and wisdom in this space, but fewer of you had been able prior to today to get to know Cedric Mousse. But you showed up, to support this idea and enjoy it along with us.

Funny and cool we can break down walls, connect right to a guy like Cedric at 7PM his time, as he Zooms in from his plots. That was bitchen.

I encourage folks to watch the recording once Frenchie posts it.

Thank you again Todd for making this platform work for all of us.

Loved it. Informative from both Brads and Cedrics input. It was great to see some faces of names I know. My 10 am grapefruit was delicious. Champagne tonight.

Many thanks to Brad, Todd, Cedric and Frank for orchestrating it.

Here is my note from the Special Club Rose that I am still working on from this morning. I wish I could share this with some of the locals but until that time, I enjoy it alone.

• 2015 Moussé Fils Champagne Special Club Extra Brut Rosé de Saignée - France, Champagne (4/25/2020)
    Ok, I’ll go first with the tasting note. Bought these in 2019, decided to open something good for the Mousse Fils tasting today we did over on Wine Berserkers. Disgorged March 2019, 2 g/l dosage, 100% Pinot Meunier. The Special Club bottlings get extra lees time, both the Fortes Terre and this Rose, which is sourced from the edge of the village, from the Les Bouts de la Ville lieux-dit. The soil on this plot is different from the Les Fortes Terre, so this is the added distinction between the two botllings. The color on this is a mash-up of salmon and rose, a beautiful neon kind of red. Dried red fruit, blood orange, grapefruit and a cleansing finish. Once the wine warms up, some other cool things emerge, with the blood orange really gaining presence, along with a strawberry note, and some lime skin. There is also some added weight and texture that comes through with the warmer temp. Overall, this is a killer bottle of Rose, especially in honor to the Pinot Meunier and the passion and craft of Cedric Mousse.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great event. I had to drop early when I got a phone call from my aunt (who is going stir crazy in her assisted living facility since she can’t have visitors now) but look forward to catching the end via the recording.

By far the best COVID-era Zoom event we’ve been to. Gina and I had a blast and learned a lot. The Segway tour through the vineyards was almost as good as being there in person and Cedric was such a gracious guide/host. You could really feel the passion he has for his wines and the terroir. Thanks to everyone who organized and participated!

Tremendous is the right word! Thanks to all for making this such an incredible event! I definitely want to expand my Mousse champagne selection ASAP. Cedric mentioned some of his favorite Meunier producers but I had trouble catching it. Did anyone get the names?

Looking forward to the next Zoom meeting,

Hal

David,

That is what makes this so funny to me. I do this all the time along with other metric to US unit conversions. My day job is as an engineer with a European company who does everything in metric and Celsius and I have to convert non-stop. Figures I screw it up on camera. Such is life.

I caught David Faivre of R. Faivre champagne as newer entrant, but that was about it. Hopefully someone else caught the rest.

I was also wondering who Santa is? Winemaker? Affiliation with Mousse? I liked her suggestion of paring Meunier with curry and other spicy foods.

I wonder if she is a German importer.

Hal, I met Santa Rubens on Instagram. She is in Berlin, here is her website. https://www.lifeinbubble.de

She has bee hosting a # of Instagram video casts this past week, in response to the cancellation of Printemps. I’ve enjoyed getting to know her.

Andrew, I didn’t make them all out either. He did mention two that I did hear. Francois Bedel and Benoit Dehu. I have a good amount of Dehu in the cellar, and I enjoy them. Finally, he also mentioned Bereche, who make their Rive Gauche bottling from a plot not far from Cedric.

Brad, can you fill in some of the other producers Cedric mentioned? If not, I can ping Cedric and tell him to send me the names.

Santa imports a number of grower/small producer Champagnes into Germany. She is very knowledgeable and a great ambassador for Champagne.

As for some of the up and coming producers of Meunier that Cedric mentioned, going off memory, I recall he following, but am sure I missed some:

• Flavien Nowack (amazing group of wines; he is dynamite)
  • Caze-Thibaut (I have had some hits and misses here, but one to watch)
  • Aurelien Lurquin (tiny production and more of a focus on still wines than Champagne; really good stuff)
  • Guiborat (who is in Cramant, but makes Meunier from vines they have in Mardeuil; top notch)

He also referenced Tarlant, Bereche, Francoise Bedel and Franck Pascal for their Meunier vineyards.

Any specific bottling recommendations on Nowack?