Zoom Event With Brad Baker & Cedric Mousse of Mousse Fils--4/25 @ 1PM ET

Brad, this is why your presence and participation in the topic is so valuable. Thank you.

Funny, I had sent the photo from David over to Cedric and he said something about 10 years old, Brad. So, sounds like you are on target for the vintage in that bottle.

Looking forward to it.

Trying to plan lunch for Saturday. We may just do a bowl of popcorn, which is great with Champagne.

I don’t have Mousse (yet), but do have Champagne to open :grin:

FWIW I found some reasonably priced Mousse Fortes Terres Special Club at Benchmark (2013s and 2014s) and they have shipped same day for me whenever I’ve called them and asked for the favor. I’ll be looking to get my hands on a bottle of the 2013 shipped today and arriving Wednesday. Unsure about PA though…

Sec Wines in Portland has several of the cuvees, too. Not sure how fast they ship right now but FYI.

Thanks, Yao.

Thanks for the reminder, Chris. I think dropping by Hi-Times this week will be my option.

I’ll have to open a different producer but will probably fry chicken for lunch! champagne.gif

We’re at about 30 so far for this Saturday with Cedric and Brad. I know Cedric is pumped up to join, and for many of us, well at least me, I met Brad for the first time this week over Zoom so some of you will get that benefit, too.

I know we have multiple Zooms going for the coming week so whatever is your liking, and especially if it its Champagne, pop me a PM if you want the link for this Saturday’s event. Reminder, it is 10AM PT / 1PM ET. You don’t need to open a Mousse Fils to attend, but whatever Champagne you safely have access to. Please join us.

Thankfully have 2 bottles of 2012 Brut Terres d’Illite Blanc de Noirs at the house. Looking forward to it!

I’m suddenly wanting some fried chicken for dinner on Saturday.

Ehhhh, call me green, but what you mean, man?

Food pairing, man.

Ah, I get it. Merci.

Looking forward to seeing seeing many of you later this morning for our 10 a.m. PT / 1pm ET event. Really jazzed up to do this one, our first from Champagne. We still have slots available if you’d like to join so PM me if you would like the information. Have a great morning everybody, stay safe.
20200425_070444.jpg

Looking forward to this. Sadly don’t have any Mousse Fils on me (yet), but will do the next best thing and open a pinot meunier-based Champagne for the tasting :slight_smile:

Great time zooming today. Thx Frank, Brad and Cedric!

That was amazing; thank you all - Frank, Brad, Todd, and of course Cedric :slight_smile:

Cool event again. Hard to top having a vigneron riding through vineyards in Champagne on his Segway with roosters crowing in the background. Good stuff. Cheers to all who made it happen.

I hope everyone got a good understanding of just how special Cedric is. The future of Champagne is in good hands with people like him.

Just don’t ever allow me try to convert Celsius to Farenheit in my head again…

Agreed - he’s a pretty amazing guy. It was a real treat to interact with him for the second time in just a few weeks. The tour through the vineyards was a real treat.

Rough C to F is easy. Multiply by 2 and add to 32. You won’t be far off.