You know you have too much wine if...

Yeah, I’m into my third year of having some overflow offsite storage, and I don’t know if I’ve pulled more than one or two bottles out of there the whole time.

Of course, I tried to pick wines I didn’t want to drink for awhile, so it’s a good thing I’m leaving them alone, but I do periodically see something on CT I want to open and then curse myself having put it in offsite.

I have this going for me as well. About a third of my off-site bottles are 2006-07 Rhys wines (bought before shipping to Maryland was an option). I will find out how these wines age whether I like it or not!

9 cases with another on the way.

Your delivery is made by a semi dropping a pallet of wine off in your driveway. The neighbors love that.

Two 200 bottle fridges full, need to move cases from pantry because I can’t get to the food anymore. But, have room at my offsite because I super sized late last year, just too busy at work to load up my friends van and drive to Seattle.

You propose that your wife and her friends go away on a girls’ week so you can take delivery of all your wine.

You wake up on the couch after midnight, the Mrs. and dog have gone to bed with the lights out. I guess this falls under had too much wine.

What is this “too much” you speak of??

“have too much” in terms of consumed too much vs “Have too much” in terms of owning too much.

very different.

But it is fair to say I’ve pulled the above mentioned many times.

…oh, right, now you can drink all your wine? I remember a few months ago that SOMEONE’S wife told someone else’s wife THAT WE COULD NEVER DRINK ALL THE WINE WE HAVE! This statement has become my wife’s mantra used to impose a cruel and severe WIWBM (for you single guys, that an wife imposed wine buying moratorium).

Seriously, you better drink faster, or SOMEONE’S wife will get an anonymous email that reminds her how annoyed she must be with all those wine boxes cluttering up the place.

You can always ask her to be your girlfriend, again. Reverse that marriage. Downgrade or whatever you want to call it. Then, no more wife imposed wine moratorium.

Good luck.

You know you have too much wine when…

Adding another box of wine to the lockers requires the skill set of a Tetris master (an old-school reference, for you kids).

Bruce

No no no no. The front door only swings one direction when it comes to wine.

You covet thy neighbors larger wine locker.

This. But oh, the joy when you find you have more room than you thought.

And also, when you have 800 bottles in 3 lockers and a home fridge, 5 cases pending, and all you want to drink is beer.

[scratch.gif]

This.

But oh, the joy when you find you have more room than you thought.

And also, when you have 800 bottles in 3 lockers and a home fridge, 5 cases pending, and all you want to drink is beer.

[scratch.gif]

You know you have too much wine if your cellar has a waiting cellar.

I complain, but I must grudgingly admit it’s a good thing. Is that some sort of wine version of the Stockholm Syndrome? What saves our ass is that she does the bills, which is critical since I obviously have no self control when it comes to wine.