WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc

What was the temperature over the weekend?
The items are in the warehouse. It should be warmer in there.

Someone else told me this wine is a must buy at these prices - said had in Jan and it was amazing. I bought a case w/ one of the 15% off coupons.

I already have a couple of the '98 Musar and I have no room in the cellar, or else I’d be all over that case deal, with a coupon.

Yea, I haven’t seen pricing this good on a decent Musar vintage with the perfect amount of age. From what I read, it’s truly in the sweet spot and will live for another couple of years at least.

If you are less familiar with Musar it is one of the more unique wines among mass consumed top wines. There were Zoom tastings with Musar about a year ago hosted by WineBerzerkers and I believe VinConnect that were really fun and educational. If you haven’t see it I encourage you to check them out. Properly stored the wines can aged for decades on end.

There are some wine drinkers with developed palates who admit they “don’t get” Musar. That’s unfortunate because its aromas, flavors, structure, and body can be divine. The complexities of the wine can do amazing things when properly paired with Middle Eastern fare.

There are a great many tasting notes on Cellartracker demonstrating a diversity of opinion on how best to treat and serve the wines. My decants range from 2 - 4 hours on 20 year old Musar but there was a recent note on the 2001 where it was decanted for 12 hours before serving. Each person has to decide for themselves when the wine is ready to best appeal to their sensibilities.

Enjoy!

1 Like
2 Likes

98 Musar has been my favourite 90s vintage from Musar. Definitely a case (or at least 6+) purchase if you don’t have any (or want more of it)

1 Like

2018 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett up at $35. After discount, a good buy on a style that has been receiving a lot of love on the board.

3 Likes

Low 30’s day, low 20’s at night.

The wine will be fine

Ok, thanks!

Had a 21% off birthday code. Don’t really need the excess wine but in for 9.

I bought a few of the Musars. Haven’t tried it before, but that seems like a great deal. I wish I could taste it before committing to a case, but such is life - only bought a few.

EDIT: removed, wrong thread

Musar went fast. Only 14 bottles left. There were over 100 less than an hour ago

The case price is so ridiculously better than buying 6 or 3 I can’t help myself. If it was a few bucks cheaper I wouldn’t have bothered with 12.

Honestly, you should buy a case regardless. I can’t say enough good things about the '98 Musar. It’s a delicious wine that is in a great spot right now. Been standing another bottle up for a while with the intention of drinking it soon. Serve it closer to cellar temp than room temp and it’s so god damn gulpable.

At the moment with all the winter hold wines incoming I’m in a bit of a buying hiatus, if not, I’d buy another case in a heartbeat. Still might give into temptation if I’m not careful

Anyone in NY want to split a case of Musar? i don’t have a coupon to use (have used them all!) so happy to venmo / paypal / zelle someone who does and want to go 6 bottles each!

Musar is sold out.

I’m guessing there are plenty of Musar fans in NY. I’m sure we can organise a Musar dinner when things allow for it. I’d be all for it

Count me in! That would be a fun dinner for sure