WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc

All clues point to Dana Estates which clearly has a relationship with Wine Access

Oh…that is back up I see…Couple new 4.5 vivinos and 91 CT reviews…might bite a few…missed it last time…thx

decided on 3 Phonenix 3 Moundsman…ordered…

How does one get the 21% (or 15%) coupons?

Search for Tyler Rico’s posts. He’s Santa Clause when it comes to Wine Access % off links.

Thanks. Found it!

I figure I will be 92 when I finish all the wine I have in stock… [cry.gif]

I take a break for a week and completely miss the 2018 Stay Home. :cry:

Any thoughts on 2015 Editorial ?

Just saw that.

Worth trying?

Any guesses on what it could be?

Krug available in the Midwest for the first time in awhile, so I took advantage of my $100 off coupon for spending $1000 with them to pick one up today. Combined with the wine day 20% off coupon it ended up being $60 for a bottle of Krug, heck of a deal!

Figured I’d revisit the Cosmologist again, after giving it 6 months to settle in. In short, it’s WAY better. Lots of dark cherry on the nose with plum and cassis. Super expressive nose, very floral. The tannins are really well integrated and a nice pop of acidity that balances the fruit and oak nicely. This is a very nice wine, and I’m glad I kept a few to try several months later.

1 Like

Almost positive it’s Honig - their estate is between Quintessa and Round Pond, it’s about 70 acres, their top cabernet is $121 exactly, and (according to some Google searching) they sold grapes to Caymus in the past.

The $121 bottle they reference throughout the posting is the Honig Rafael Vineyard cabernet, which is from Oak Knoll, while the posting implies that the Editorial wine is from the Rutherford estate. So, it seems like it isn’t actually part of the $121 wine, but that shouldn’t be surprising.

Honig used to do 4 single vineyard wines that were all priced the same, although I’m not sure which ones they still do. Campbell was a Rutherford vineyard they had for a while so could be that one?

2017 Phoenix is available again.

Awesome review from Wellesly guy…

In for 6…great price with the 21% off link…

Looking for older Cabs as many of us are so up to ears in NDA 2018 cabs that have to sit…I am soon gonna be on wood racks outside my 200 bottle cooler…I need to stop…Not buying another cooler…lol…

My adversity order was delayed so they gave me $50 credit, grabbed 6 pack of 19 bedrock ovz for 75 shipped.

Did anyone else order the Cerbaiona NV VdT from WA? I suspect that there was a bit of a bait and switch with this wine, whether by WA or perhaps the estate. The advertisement said (or strongly suggested?) it was the highly regarded 13/15 which I believed contained all of the estate’s '15 Brunello juice due to the sale of the property and some ensuing dispute. However, I’m highly skeptical that is what is in the bottles received. For one thing it has a lot number of L. 8/19, so presumably bottled in August of 2019. There are reports on this board of at least one bottling between the 13/15 and that date. Second the wine just doesn’t taste like a wine that contains a great deal of declassified '15 Brunello. It’s an okay wine but seems a bit too light and tart for that, and I don’t often think that. Another oddity on this wine, though unrelated to the vintage/lot question, is that the back label says 13% while the front says 14,5%. At this point I’m basing my statements on one bottle, and it is entirely possible it just wasn’t a great bottle. However it was paired with homemade pizza, a forgiving pairing for most Italian reds, and consumed over several hours, so I can’t fault the food or the treatment. Also no obvious flaws which would cause an off showing. Curious as to what others think about this.

In the interest of being fair, the 2016 Pertimali rosso from WA was fire the other night. Of course, the Canonica CCR I mentioned in a recent post was trash, so definitely hit and miss with their Italian suggestions so far. I know they offer refunds if not satisfied but I’m loathe to use this feature for sound wines I just don’t like. I’m still considering it on the Chianti, which is egregious IMO.

I bought this last year and sent an email making the same points (wine was non bene). They credited me the value of the cerbaiona so can’t complain. I would reach out especially since you also did not like the wine. They will make it right. Their CS is pretty unimpeachable