Wine Berserkers Wine Talk Hall of Fame Thread

Just re-read this thread and i think it is so powerfully persuasive that it deserve a place in the Hall of Fame.

In a decade, most people who read it will go, “duh, yeah!”

In a few years people will look at that Master Zoom thread and say “you mean that was the first time people starting virtual meetings?”

Why won’t wineries have virtual release parties moving forward?

I suggested this to one of the wineries I support and it sounds to me like they are going to do the idea on their next release. My hunch is others will too as this kind of marketing is trusted as part of connecting with customers. I for sure would support people offering a release Zoom, and would attend, Brig.

Yeah, completely agree.

People will look at everything differently and for the better.

I see a time, in the near future, when a winery does the traditional release party with the BBQ, the fixings and pickup but has 10x more people attending virtually.

And small or remote wineries can really leverage this capability.

Jefery Levy’s attempt to bludgeon Hart Davis with bad publicity, must certainly qualify as the most inauspicious debut post ever. Don Cornwell’s multi-post take-down of Levy is epic.

Victor Hong summed it up perfectly:

That grouse decided to taunt a hunter, not realizing from upstream posts that he uses a fact-magazined, scope-sighted bazooka.
Nothing from this encounter seems left, except burnt feathers scattering loosely in the breeze.

And weeks later, most likely to be months and years, Levy’s post count remains at 1.

Scorched Earth.

I would nominate the “critic bingo” thread:

After all, this site is devoted to writing about wine. That’s the biggest thread entirely devoted to wine writing.

Oooh! We have a new entry that’s a strong contender:

Modern classification of left bank red Bordeaux

Brings new meaning to the concept of a wine monologue.

Added Brian’s Building a subterranean wine cellar/root cellar to the hall of Fame.

great read thank you!

Nominating The effects of single vineyards on regular bottlings and aging wine

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s just me, but I’m getting this error when I click on the link.

“Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

3 Likes

I guess that’s a link from the old forum that didn’t transfer over. I switched the link to one that works now.

1 Like

Yes, old links had to be completely re-mapped for SEO, but the URLs won’t transfer, just do a search for the topic itself, paste the new hyperlink

1 Like

I nominate the BD14 Dick’s thread.

1 Like

Some friends and I were trying to recall that Berserker who was offering to find nice guys for the women he knew. Anyone recall him?

1 Like

Barry Paul Price? Or something like that. I think that was his profession.

It’s well past time to nominate

1 Like

I met that guy once at a K&L tasting… really weird vibes.

Cellar Tracker Suggestion Thread.

Could there be a Berzerker thread? (As I read it) OP posts provocative title and request CT function that he knows exists as bait to get attention for malware thread. Everyone, including Eric, jumps in and has a valuable CT discussion.