Wine Berserkers Wine Talk Hall of Fame Thread

That’s certainly possible, but it’s not yet a significant discussion - if it gains some info/momentum, absolutely!

I agree.

For your consideration, Linda Johnson

One topic, two threads and two locks. Has to be worthy of something.

I’d like to nominate Thoughts on Buying and Consuming BURGUNDY.

Yeah, I thought when that first started it would be a good candidate and thus far it has delivered as such!

I nominate this, if only based on potential.

post deleted

I nominate this.

Too early for the Fait Main thread(s)?

Not even based on potential! This thread was hilarious. The whole Yogi Berra “no one ever goes to that restaurant it’s too crowded” bit running throughout was great.

Which one?

No! I started it! Me!

I had no idea the thread continued on for so long after I flounced. I shall try to address some points raised in it then go and hide!

Kisses,
Davy.

What is going to happen when this thread makes the Hall of Fame Thread? Will it cause a rip in the space-time-continuum?

Certainly an Inception-like ending?

Just re-read this thread and i think it is so powerfully persuasive that it deserve a place in the Hall of Fame.

In a decade, most people who read it will go, “duh, yeah!”

In a few years people will look at that Master Zoom thread and say “you mean that was the first time people starting virtual meetings?”

Why won’t wineries have virtual release parties moving forward?

I suggested this to one of the wineries I support and it sounds to me like they are going to do the idea on their next release. My hunch is others will too as this kind of marketing is trusted as part of connecting with customers. I for sure would support people offering a release Zoom, and would attend, Brig.

Yeah, completely agree.

People will look at everything differently and for the better.

I see a time, in the near future, when a winery does the traditional release party with the BBQ, the fixings and pickup but has 10x more people attending virtually.

And small or remote wineries can really leverage this capability.

Jefery Levy’s attempt to bludgeon Hart Davis with bad publicity, must certainly qualify as the most inauspicious debut post ever. Don Cornwell’s multi-post take-down of Levy is epic.

Victor Hong summed it up perfectly:

That grouse decided to taunt a hunter, not realizing from upstream posts that he uses a fact-magazined, scope-sighted bazooka.
Nothing from this encounter seems left, except burnt feathers scattering loosely in the breeze.

And weeks later, most likely to be months and years, Levy’s post count remains at 1.

Scorched Earth.