What YEAH! wine are you drinking?

Thanks so much!

I love working with this fruit!

1 Like

Sounds awesome! And a very Hardy wine! Look forward to popping one soon. Thanks for the check-in.

3 Likes

More later…

5 Likes

What to do when you need a bottle of happy.

1 Like

We just recently enjoyed a new release Kobayashi 2021 Marsanne-Roussane.

It really was a “YEAH!” wine.

I would recommend this winery.

We had it with some home made tikka masala and saffron rice.

Great acidity, nice solid structure, balanced very well with the food. There were three of us and we killed the entire bottle!

After the Kobayashi was dead, for a lark, we ventured into a late model (2016) Williams Selyem Bacicalupi zinfandel…if you want a 7 year old-ish wine that tastes like it’s a barrel sample of 2022, this is the place!

3 Likes

But was it Extradimensional? Was clothing optional?

3 Likes

2021 Extradimensional Wine Co. Yeah! Five Points Red - USA, California (4/7/2023)
Friday was a company holiday, our “spring holiday.” It had been a long week. It’s been a long year. It was a good day to get out for a walk, and see the eagles by the canal. Come dinner time I really wanted something to lift my spirits, and not just via alcohol. I opened this, my first bottle of the Five Points Red Wine, and was struck not so much by specific aromas or flavors, but rather by the range of emotions that came through experiencing the wine. The first was serenity. It was followed by contemplation. I think I was trying to figure out why the wine triggered a sense of serenity. Empathy came after, but closely followed by gratitude. The two create a sense of thankfulness for all that has been done by everyone to make a moment, a wine possible. Then came the joy, and the eventual embracing of the deliciousness that a light bodied yet richly textured, refreshing and soulful wine can bring.

4 Likes

Rainy Easter here. Gonna have a couple faves this afternoon anxiously awaiting the new arrivals

3 Likes

We had the same exact duo last night!

2 Likes

David- Thank you for this moving note. I think it captures EWCY at its core. Kate and I are grateful for you.

3 Likes

Just before Easter busted open a 2020 Chendawg II…exploding aroma of matchstick reduction that blew off and tart citrus notes coupled with fresh savory green herbal notes…creamy, soothing weight on palate and long finish. Predict this wine will improve with some bottle age.

Highlight of our recent Easter in Napa was the extraordinary hospitality showered on us by Hardy and Kate. Tasted all four of new releases with a few other treats…including the most amazing smoked duck breast. HINT: Don’t miss his new 2022 Full King Crab II…it completely surpassed expectations and opened a couple new doors of perception on Hardy’s explorations of blending and how vinous aromas are powerful emotional/memory triggers taking you places you didn’t know existed.

By the way…his 2012 Santa Barbara Highlands Mourvedre was perfection in a glass with aforementioned Smoked Duck Breast…

Thanks again Hardy.

4 Likes

Steve, it was such a pleasure to have you both at the winery! I agree that 2022 Full King Crab II is so expressive and it taps into some beautiful sensory memories.

That Liberty Duck smoked duck breast is always a winner!

We look forward to having you out this way again.

:metal:

3 Likes

No crazy pictures of the bottle or decanter to share this time. Just great memories :wink:

• 2019 Extradimensional Wine Co. Yeah! Mo Yeah! - USA, California (4/12/2023)
    Decanted 2 hours. Nose of cherries, strawberries, and cinnamon rolls. Light bodied, with an interesting acidity profile. The acid starts off gentle but ends with a bite at the finish. Palate of tart and crunchy strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, with allspice supporting the fruits. Light and gentle tannins bring in a bit of woody oak notes to the party. The tart red fruits continue in to the finish with the addition of limestone, mild black pepper, and orange/lemon zest. At the very end, I get a pop of flower blossoms and rose petals.

Not sure I would have pegged this as Mourvedre. Different, fun, and easy drinking wine. (92 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

4 Likes

Just opened the 2021 Mighty High tonight. What a fantastic wine! My wife, who is hard to please (lol), even turned and looked at me and asked what we were drinking!

5 Likes

It really is. We finished a bottle a week or so ago faster than we have in years.

1 Like

I love this! Thank you!

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Currently drinking the new Summer Salters Rosé II - my word, what a phenomenal Rosé! A nice salty minerality while still being just enough heft on the palate to not be too thin. Wonderful job @H_Wallace_Jr ! Might need to order some more of this soon as it was 90 down here in South Florida today!

5 Likes

Good news here. I was waiting to try the others, but already planning to order more of this

2 Likes

Thanks so much! We had one open on Thurs / Fri and it is a special wine!

I think you are going to dig it.

2 Likes