What wines are you drinking for the Super Bowl

Found a 2014 Bedrock Wirz Riesling in the locker. Much better than the spicy chicken I made.

2019 hofgut falkenstein euchariusberg kabinett Alte reben
2002 Joh Jos Prum WS Spatlese

02 is not my favorite vintage of Prum but the bottle I had last night was decent so I’m going with another.

Not quite on the level of 82 Haut Batailley, but Mark didn’t invite me to his party this year :grinning:. Most likely because he doesn’t know me.

Have fun everyone and be safe! As a Indianapolis colts fan I have to say “Go whatever team is against Tom Brady!”

[cheers.gif] 2015 The Farm Winery - The Big Game.

Seemed appropriate.

Puppy Van Winkle. Duh!

Monkish, bro.

1993 Liparita Merlot. Figured I’d honor Tom Brady’s rookie year and wine older than Patrick Mahomes.

1 Like

2020 Dos XX. .375. I have been on the list for many, many years. Thus I was able to obtain six bottles. I will not be selling these for profit. I will no doubt drink two bottles myself today. Do not look to commerce corner for these rare bottles.

8B7AB01E-7706-46FD-96EC-8EC501C4DFD2.jpeg

Just received my first shipment direct from Sine Qua Non so I decided to celebrate with this
7870FA9F-8B41-49AC-9BC4-535B92A24862.jpeg
With Baby back ribs

1 Like

This pair were a bit like the teams: I expected a more even match.

2002 Willi Schaefer - Graacher Himmelreich - Kabinett

• Lovely balance, but a bit less complex than i was hoping. Probably needed decanting and a little air time. 88.7 points

2013 Zinfandel-Sonoma - Lytton Springs - Ridge Vineyards

• My, this is at a nice point. I loved this when I first had it in 2016, and it has come into a new balance. Lots of blackberries, good acid. 14.2%. Many years of life ahead. The fruit and structure were an excellent match for kofte (spiced lamb/beef paddies) with grilled red pepper and tomato plus avocado on brioche buns, and a celeriac/potato mash. 92.4 points
1 Like

Friends,

Super Bowl is far overrated. Give me MARCH MADNESS any time or NBA play-offs. Basketball is world wide number 2 with soccer and not American Football leading the bunch. Football is an American only thing. LEBRON rules. I’ll have a LA TACHE when The Lakers win this championship. Forget about BRADY.

SINCERELY JOHAN

Well that as a complete waste. Sometime in the fourth quarter, turned on America Test Kitchen, and watched them make pizza from scratch. Meanwhile sipped my Haut Batailly 1982.

This was from an excellent cellar, where the wines seemed somewhat backward for their age. The label was cruddy, the color and fill excellent, and the cork was removed easily.

The wine showed very well in the first hour or so, and the decline after that was slow, but by the second hour, it was pretty much dead. So a mixed review; drink up, but if you are lucky with the bottle and storage, you will enjoy it just after it is open.

1 Like

Coors Light with chicken wings…My wife bailed out after the third quarter…I did the dishes while watching the rest of the game.

1 Like

Haha. Just a bit over the top, but champagne.gif

How early did you pop the cork on that Dom, Merrill? champagne.gif

Not until it was really over. And that Dom disappeared.

1 Like

We opened a few bottles in the early morning (~8am) and continued throughout the day.

We also ate some beef.

2 Likes

We drank a 2013 Aubert Sugar Shack and a 2014 Myriad Dr.Crane Elysean to go with the Flannery « Kali blend » Burgers.

Good times.

JF

A couple of 2014’s and both superb! Every now and then when I start contemplating moving on from wine as a hobby I get pulled back in and these two certainly did the trick. The Bedrock had a wonderful perfume quality while the Rosella’s had a gorgeous flowery and wild berry component. Both decanted and opened for about four hours and served with a hunk of beef tenderloin.

Bedrock Pagani Ranch Zinfadel

Carlisle Rosella’s Syrah