What to pair with Vegetarian Chilli?

Should be ready within the hour!
CT handle River Rat

Zinfandel.

Damn Brian, you don’t have any of my first choices. I’d go with a demi-sec or one of the sweeter-side-of-sec Chenin Blancs from Loire Valley to stand up to the spice. Another choice would be a quaffable Cava or Prosecco or an off-dry Lambrusco.
Looking at you cellar, I don’t know, maybe one of your rosés? Maybe beer?

Have a great meal, and post what you choose and how it pairs.

Cheers,
Warren

Paging Dr Weinberg.

or a Zin. Good choice too.

he is a meatatarian–don’t do no stinkin’ vegetarian chili–one L or two.

A porterhouse steak

Well, Mike suggested Zinfandel so I grabbed one I thought would have a sweet ripe fruit profile. This one is from a 19yr old field blended vineyard of Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Carignane, Alicante Bouschet and Granache. Need to get more and stash them away for a few years.

• 2011 Wine Guerrilla Zinfandel Conte Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (5/8/2014)
    Blackberry, blueberry and oak nose. Tart blackberry and red berry fruited palate. Sharp slightly green tannins. Needs more air, not going to happen. Drained with our veggie chili.

Posted from CellarTracker

A garbage can.

Full of what . . . your useful insights?

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]

I thought you might have one available. Looks tasty!

It was really tasty. First time I have ever made a chili sans meat and it was killer. Have 6 weeks left to lose some inches off the torso in order to fit into a tux so we have been eating much better lately.

“That said, you probably have the palate of a yak.” ~ Bob Wood

great call!

Chili looks wonderful. I have had 2 of WY zins and wasn’t blown away by either, especially considering the $$.

champagne.gif just joking around of course. Looks like it turned out pretty well. Have you ever tried a sparkling wine as a pairing with chilli? Either a Champagne or maybe Lambrusco?

There are two things pairings we all know on Wine Bersekers:

Magnum of 2007 CdP with sushi

DRC with chili

You can disagree if you want, but you’d be wrong.

As was I. Never keep sparking around since neither of us are big fans. Maybe it’s my inner Yak coming out.

Beer.

Exactly. People need to think outside of the box.

'97 Harlan is also an acceptable alternative.