What’s the priciest wine you’ve paired with a cheap food?

I don’t know I have seen some pizzas over $100 a pizza. Now if it was Papa John’s that is different.

I really want to do a 2014 latour with some of the General Tso’s we ordered last night…

Currently enjoying some Thorn Merlot by the Prisoner Wine Co with some Cheez-its

Old Yquem over vanilla ice cream :drooling_face:

given the complexity of high end wine, the simpler the pairing the better - junk food fits the bill perfectly. with that said, 2004 DRC monty with microwave popcorn.

That sounds great.

Salted and buttered or just plain?

There’s a Thomas Keller x Regiis Ova caviar and champagne lounge in Yountville now, in the former Redd space. Heavy on the LVMH portfolio. I enjoyed a bottle of Dom 2008 with their take on French onion dip and chips. It was spectacular.

1 Like

I’ve had so many great wines with pizza. It’s perfect. Sometimes the food shouldn’t be the star, or even try to be.

Agreed. I’m at work drinking a pretty decent Napa merlot with Cheez-its.

DRC with fish tacos. I’ve shared this before.

2002 Cheval Blanc with a cheeseburger.

Put a some creme fraiche and smoked salmon on those potato chips and you have an elegant snack.

1 Like

Nacho Doritos are the bomb with champagne

1 Like

Sometime in the mid-eighties 2 friends and I were grilling some ribs. The father of one of the friends had stopped drinking so we could raid his cellar. We drank a bottle of 1962 Haut Brion and 2 bottles of 1961 Trotanoy.

I was looking at the one DRC we have in inventory and we’re selling it for underneath market value, but sadly It’d still be like 3 months of saving $$$ to buy that. Fish tacos are now my favorite type of taco since the pandemic hit. We have a local place that makes amazing stuffed ones and it’s definitely our most visited restaurant in the last 1-2 years.

WOW!

No Cooler Ranch?

THIS. :joy:

Salon + popcorn/potato chips or Scarecrow with happy hour burger at The Met for $8.